DCFAC's May 2020 Challenge: Meta Madhouse

This has some pretty outstanding shading! Awesome!

5 Likes

This has to be my favorite so far! What a battle of the Titans! Absolutely love it!!

5 Likes

I don’t think I could do this one justice with any other comment other than…B-E-A-UTIFUL!

6 Likes

Teach me your ways.

5 Likes

i finished mine before it came down that they should reflect the results of the vote, but with some very subtle editing i was able to salvage it

14 Likes

The details here more than impressive.

5 Likes

Here is my entry of Sinestro vs Ares(W). I went for the splash page/cover art route. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did drawing it!!

14 Likes

@robart471.79388
If I went blind after seeing that, and it was the last thing I’d ever seen, I’d be cool with that.

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Okay but even funnier than the text is Selina’s very subtle head tilt as she gets bonked. I can see her walking off after that, match be d@mned. Love it, biff!

@robart471.79388 Ahhh, I feel for Sinestro in this! Probably because he looks so much more innocent when he’s KO (yes, I’m going with KO. I don’t want him to be dead. :cry:). Ares looks bad-ss, too! Another artist making my list who I want to teach me shading~

7 Likes

@biff_pow Great job! Love the vibrant colors and how you “salvaged” it :joy:

@robart471.79388 Stunning! Great detail and hatching/shading. This is definitely a joy to look at!

5 Likes

@WingsOfAether You’re awesome too, by the way. Thank you for being so supportive of our artists.

tbd

5 Likes

For the art history majors

13 Likes

The only fight between them that I’ll accept is a pillow fight.
(based on @CynicalPink’s amazing twist on this challenge)

13 Likes

@wonderlyn :raised_hands: Amen! When I saw they got set against eachother in the bracket I couldn’t even think if it :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@loganmichaelphilips Incredible! I can’t believe you made a whole multi-page comic :clap::clap::clap: amazing! And for such a good fight too, I felt they’d be pretty eavenly matched and would make a great fight. Well done!!

5 Likes

You bolstered an amazing idea with great work. Awesome.

4 Likes

@DrewWorldOrder I’m no art history major, so I likely missed something… regardless, great work! I really like the style (like the cool background geometry) and layout of it along with the coloring.

@wonderlyn Beautiful! This has such a soothing art style to it which I really like. Also, love the way you interpreted their “match” into a pillow fight!

4 Likes

First piece is my brothers Ra’s al Ghul against brainiac, then my reverse flash vs brainiac.

12 Likes

Thanks! :grin: I’m really enjoying looking at everyone’s incredible art!

4 Likes

Oh my gosh! Be still, my heart! :heart_eyes: I absolutely adore it! And love the feathers flying everywhere. This is just warmth and serenity and tenderness all in one beautiful little pic. @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell , look!

5 Likes