DCFAC: Team Trinity Challenge & Hawk Girl

This looks fantastic! I love how you colored it. I especially like how the scene is held within the Green Lantern symbol. Nice job!

3 Likes

I think I shall dare to love this artwork!

@ImpulseMaxMercury, I really love the composition for this - it’s very cool. I especially like the lettering for “Romance with Fears.”

Fantastic job with the inking, @chongoboy1014! The hatching looks really good!

The coloring is incredible, @CynicalPink. Love the way certain areas are slightly discolored compared to other parts; it gives a really cool look.

Awesome job, you three!

4 Likes

Wow! This whole piece is just - wow!

@loganmichaelphilips, this sketch is so intricately detailed! The swamp monsters look amazingly horrifying!

@PettyDabblerOfTheDarkArts, awesome job inking! This really looks incredible!

Another beautiful coloring job, @CynicalPink! I really like the muted colors and the way you did the lighting from the explosion.

Between the terrifying monsters, darkly inked areas, and the muted colors, this definitely looks like some cover art to a horror story. Fantastic job, you three!

4 Likes

That looks like it took a long time. Well done.

4 Likes

Fantastic job! She really looks great! While wings may be hard, you did an incredible job on them - they look really good.

4 Likes

Forgot to post this yesterday, but here’s my Hawkgirl!

14 Likes

This is what I get inspired from, all the different ways everyone sees the finish line. The interpretation of Hawkgirl with a jet pack a’la Bond is freaking awesome. Great job!!

5 Likes

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 Likes

This looks great! I really like your take on Hawkgirl. I especially love the vivid colors you used. Fantastic job!

5 Likes

@RobArt471 @WingsOfAether Thank you! It’s actually Hawkgirl from DC Bombshells.

7 Likes

I didn’t know that and just looked it up - she looks awesome, and you really did her justice with your art! :grin:

5 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

@Batwing52 , @DrewWorldOrder and @Viciousdark - first off, I love your enthusiasm and team banner. Totally didn’t come to the thread expecting a story to go with the art. That was such a fun addition! Really great and interesting interpretation of the challenge! Mixing Girl with Two-Face was a really clever move, and I love how you blended elements of each into the final work (his suit colors!).

@stefanie.m , bro of @chongoboy1014 and @_UnderScore I. love. this. It gave me such a needed smile today! I seriously cackled at the mustache and WB references in the background. :rofl: It’s not just hilarious, though. The Wnated posters, the depth, stef’s fantastic traditional coloring – this is everything i could have ever wanted in a Red Hood Out West poster.

@Aquamon , @Broken-Knight @wonderlyn Wow! Okay, first off, I just started playing Slenderman recently, so scrolling past the innocent pencils and inks to find a pair of glowing eyes waiting maybe made my heart skip a few beats. Other than that, this is gorgeous! That was ingenious mixing the noir genre with a (challenging) camera view. Incredibly unique, much like your inks, which make this a beautiful piece of pop art meets noir.

And Amon, yours looks like it’s seen from the perspective of the detective right after he realizes he’s been poisoned and passes out. :exploding_head: Amazed you kept things that neat with just a mouse.

7 Likes

@RobArt471 I remember you mentioning wings being difficult, but it doesn’t show! That came out beautiful! Love the attention given to her physique, too! Totally shows off that Thanagarian power.

@Nightroia Haven’t read Bombshells, but I love their designs! Great job mixing her look with your personal style. She looks as cool as ever.

6 Likes

Thank you @CynicalPink and everyone! My team was amazing. I am short for time this evening but will be back to address all of the beautiful art here either late tonight or tmrw. Just fantastic and beautiful art everyone! :hugs:

4 Likes

These are awesome™️

5 Likes

@Aquamon @Broken-Knight @wonderlyn
Woah, this turned out super cool! You all worked so cohesively together to make a stunning piece. I love the interesting perspective and how you all went with a round (kind of globular) design. The coloring job is so cool and unique!

@ImpulseMaxMercury @chongoboy1014 @CynicalPink
I’m absolutely dying!! :joy:
Scarecrow and Romance was definitely the hardest prompt (at least in my opinion) but you all absolutely hit it out of the park. I really love that the piece has both the romance theme, but also a kind of horror/slasher theme too, which fits perfectly with Scarecrow. Good call bringing in another DC character to be his “love interest” and going with a comic book cover design. The piece is just so hilarious and so well executed!

@RobArt471
This is incredible! I really love the dynamic pose you gave her, and all those feather details in the wings. I imagine the wings took quite a while to do and get right, but you absolutely nailed them. The addition of the “Kirby Krackle” type effect around her mace looks so neat and makes Hawk Girl look more powerful.

@Nightroia
She’s so adorable! I absolutely love Bombshell Hawk Girl and am glad you decided to draw her. Your linework and coloring look really neat , and the colors you chose compliment each other so well. I like that you have her blowing a bubble, it makes her look more flirty/playful which works perfectly with Bombshell Hawk Girl.

7 Likes

@RobArt471 @WingsOfAether

Thanks for the kind words! I am so happy with how our teams piece came together. I couldn’t have asked for better teammates to work with. I knew going into it that @loganmichaelphilips and @CynicalPink were going to do an amazing job, but they completely blew my expectations out of the water.

4 Likes

Thank you! I enjoy including some “Kirby Krackle” whenever I can, I am so glad you like it!!

1 Like

Thanks for noticing that! Since I decided to cover her face, I wanted to her to “look” like she was yelling, “Haw!” :grin:

1 Like