DCFAC August Challenge: DC Masterpiece

Nice work @CynicalPink!! I really like the medium you’ve chosen. I love the vivid colors as well! Great job!

@ImpulseMaxMercury awesome work! You did a great job recreating the painting with DC characters - they look great! I especially like the background.

@_UnderScore This is incredible!! I really love the artwork you chose to put a DC spin on - it turned out fantastic!

@RobArt471 You captured the dramatic layout of the original piece extremely well! This is so well done! And I love all the details in the background.

@TheRealDetectiveChimp This looks fantastic! (Is it based off the HISHE version? Because if it is, the art style is spot on!) I especially love Batman’s facial expression.

@Aquamon Wow :flushed: this is breathtaking! The tiny Justice League in the cape are so well done. You did a fantastic job at making Superman’s cape appear vaporous, and the background is gorgeous - incredibly awesome work!

@loganmichaelphilips Stunning! The coloring is fantastic! Love the characters you chose. You did a great job keeping the feel of the original artwork but making it very uniquely DC.

@Hyperia90 I love it!! The characters look great, and I especially love the additions of the tire and the swarm of bats. Your Nightwing artwork looks fantastic too! Really great work!

@Goldk Incredible! I really like the piece you chose to reinterpret. The coloring is beautiful and I love the homey/relaxing feel to the piece. Fantastic work!

6 Likes

Thanks for supporting the group, as always!

4 Likes

Jeff Loeb and Tim Sale. It’s on DCU and the art by @Goldk does remind one of that series

4 Likes

Oh cool. I can kinda see the resemblance from the preview alone. Worth adding to the TBR pile?

3 Likes

I’d personally say so.

3 Likes

It has good reviews, but I haven’t read it yet. They have a good history with Long Halloween, Dark Victory, and their Marvel work. Put it on the TBR pile.

4 Likes

@SuperBlueTim @TravisMorgan thanks! Will give it a go!

4 Likes

Yes, it’s hands down one of the best Superman stories!

3 Likes

@WingsOfAether, Thank you so much! :hugs:

4 Likes

I’ve got so much to read, but you guys are making me want to move this up in my pile :joy:

2 Likes

Haha, yeah, I figured if an adonis was called for, it was going to have to be Nightwing! Thank you for the lovely compliments! :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!! :grin:

4 Likes

Lmao, this makes too much (ie perfect) sense. Brilliant!

3 Likes

@MissGsptlsnz Haha, thank you!! :blush:

2 Likes

At long last!

I reproduced Gustav Klimt’s “The Kiss,” with a Lois & Clark flair.

Sorry for the pic spam, but it was nearly impossible to get a photo of this because it’s so reflective. :scream:

Now if you’ll excuse me, I gotta pick gold foil out of my hair, rug, desk… everything.

7 Likes

Oh this is gorgeous! Great Job! I had no idea what this was a take on when you posted the first pick and could not make heads or tails of it. Great choice though I love all the “stuff” :man_shrugging: patterns on their cloths. Defiantly frame worth!

2 Likes

Thank you again! :blush:

:rofl: I dunno if it’s so much as worthy, but it was making a MESS. I used gloss medium and varnish to adhere the foil, but I must have missed spots along the way, because every time I turned around, I found a new piece stuck somewhere inconvenient.

2 Likes

Winner winner chicken dinner.

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush: No winners, everyone kicked this challenge’s @$$!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh…this is giving me life!! From the subtle beauty of Lois’ face to the incredible variety and richness of the textures, you really and truly captured the essence of the original piece while making it so evocative of the characters you chose. I could probably stare at this for an hour and still notice more details. I especially loved the “S” shields on the inside of the cape. So, so beautiful. Amazing job!! :heart::clap:

3 Likes