DCFAC August Challenge: DC Masterpiece

Yay, glad you did! Worth the upload time to show off all of that effort!

I can literally feel the anxiety from here, even though the project is done :joy:

3 Likes

Thats what I thought too :rofl: Oh goodness I love those and the Pitch Meeting videos.

3 Likes

Love this!!!

3 Likes

Lol thatā€™s perfect for Booster!

4 Likes

@CynicalPink, canā€™t wait to see this finished! and thank you for all your positive feedback :hugs:

@ImpulseMaxMercury, Nice choice I love the Ninja Turtles! The sword looks awesome! (one of my favorite things to draw is cool weapons) and great job with the perspective. It feels like Neron is about to come out of the frame right at me.

@_UnderScore, very cool take! and great job with water stains on the wall!

@RobArt471 I love your hash work! and really great job with the perspective! Thank you so much it means a lot, thereā€™s been some amazing stuff on here! :hugs:

@TheRealDetectiveChimp, This cracked me up! I love HISHE videos and you nailed it with their batman! Canā€™t wait to see it inked.

@loganmichaelphilips, Just dang! I was waiting till it was up on this thread to comment. The color looks great and having Booster as both Adam and God was so hilarious and a great take on the character :rofl:

@Hyperia90, We got a bunch of Ninja Turtle fans up in here, which is Awesome! This looks great! Jasons pose really captures the grace of the original and the bats look great. I love the Batmobile wheels and Batman swinging in on the Grabbling gun, great additions. Thank you for your awesome complements on my piece :hugs:

@WonderWoman_85, Thanks you! :hugs: I might not be as good as the great W. Blake but I do think this DC take is much Cooler :sunglasses:

@cici, Thank you! you know you Rock :kitemanhqtas: :flexmentallo_dp:

Great job everyone and canā€™t wait to see the finished product on others!
:trident:

6 Likes

Yes, it was fun to see different interpretations of the same classical piece! Thank you so much for the kind words!

2 Likes

Thank you!! Yeah, I was going for the parallel of Batmanā€™s desire to form Jason in his own image, someone who would also eventually ā€œfall from graceā€. I felt like Jasonā€™s mortality could also loom large as the ā€œAdamā€ figure. So glad that it came across!! :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! Glad you appreciated the few details I included, it was fun to throw them in :blush:

3 Likes

runaway original
heres my inspirationā€¦
and hereā€™s my reinterpretationā€¦

I told you I was doing one.

13 Likes

Radical! It kind of reminds me of Superman: for all seasons, and Iā€™m not completely sure why, but I like it :laughing:

3 Likes

Norman Rockwell-The Runaway
This looks Fantastic! Excellent job! I love the tone of the colors.

I can totally hear Supes being like ā€œNow ya see sonā€¦ā€

3 Likes

Just did a zoom in look and yeah great job with the details and light contrast.

Was this done digitally? I tried to learn photoshop but if itā€™s not work related my computer skills/knowledge is sad.

2 Likes

This is fantastic!! The concept itself is at once iconic and creative, and dang, the details in your textures are mind blowing!

2 Likes

@Aquamon
Why yes it was done digitally. I mostly clunk my way through photoshop. Kinda like using IBM watson as a calculator.
Doing this one has inspired me to buy some actual acrylic paint and brushes. I used to love oil painting but havenā€™t done any in years.
I can see why you get the Superman for all seasons vibe. I think its the wide shoulders on Supes and the George Reeves cape.
@Hyperia90
Thanks. I enjoyed doing it, one of the reasons it took me so long. Iā€™m still not sastified with it,

4 Likes

Loved this challenge so I did another one, and figured Iā€™d post it:

Nightwing as Michelangeloā€™s ā€œDavidā€:

8 Likes

Love this! What materials are you using?

2 Likes

Noice! Youā€™re really good and capturing the grace of a pose and your shading gives a such a soft texture to all your stuff.

3 Likes

@fansumtheory.16165 Thank you!! :blush:

3 Likes

@Goldk I might be the only one whoā€™s not familiar with Superman: For All Seasons, so I canā€™t compare, but your choice of fine art to replicate was a most excellent one! This piece makes me happy. Thatā€™s the simplest and truest way to say it. Itā€™s beautifully done, especially with the details (the food, the shelving, the cup, the folds of the clothing), and itā€™s nice to see the heroes save someone without punching in the faces of bad guys.

@Hyperia90 We~ll, they say David was supposed to be an image of perfect male beauty, so ya picked the right character to insert. :smirk: Seriously, though, this is lovely, and Iā€™m glad you made a second piece to join the first! The gentle shading makes him practically glow, and the addition of the escrima sticks to the existing pose was clever!

4 Likes

Imitation gold foil, acrylics, Liquitex gloss medium, tears and frustration. :v:

2 Likes