DCember To Remember - 2022

Figured as such. One of these days, I’ll get a Costco card and bear witness to their oversized glories.

Well-played. :clap:t2:

2 Likes

Even I think this is much. Water is the best.

2 Likes

I still see a bunch of DC stuff at remaindered stores (the dollar ones); you should make sure you get some of the branded chocolate.

I’m glad I saw Glass Onion last night and glad to have paid only $6.50 to do so; it was definitely shot for a theater, due to some of the effects and photography, more so than the first film, though it felt like they wasted a lot of money. I might go see Black Adam this weekend.

And I still need to go check out some toys for discounts on a few action figures. I scored some neat cake toppers of the Justice League the last time I was at the Macy’s bargain basement store picking up sleep wear for a neighbor’s present. I need to go there to check out stuff for presents this year so hopefully they have something. I also picked up stuff like a branded coffee cup there.

2 Likes

My #DCemberToRemember will begin with a viewing of Black Adam! I bought it on PVOD last week when it became available and have been holding off on watching it to make it the start of this month. I will be making some popcorn to enjoy from my Black Adam popcorn bowl, I will be pouring myself a soda to enjoy from my Justice League glass and I am going to hit play as close to midnight as possible.

Can’t think of a much better start to the month than seeing my favorite character kicking butt in my home theater!

3 Likes

I am worried about all that junk food. I need to find you some Stargirl themed bell peppers, Green Lantern themed water, Sandman themed bread, and Hawkman themed crocodile meat.

1 Like

Well, if it’s any consolation I had iced green tea instead of soda.

Some Stargirl themed stuffed bell peppers sound good! Let me know when you have a recipe!

2 Likes

Starlight used to grow them.

2 Likes

Stayed up late to finish the movie (worth it) and got up early to get a Wonder Woman #204 NFT during the Bat Cowls presale (also worth it!). Now I’m starting the day with ‘The Flash’ from 1990. I got these DVDs years ago for a Christmas present and never finished watching them so time to make use of that gift!

3 Likes

Marathoning The Flash (1990) so far today but soon it’ll be time to head to work. I’ll be listening to ‘Batman: Unburied’ while I’m driving. Love the look of The Flash. It’s like a hybrid between the 1940s, the 1980s and bronze age comics.

EDIT: Watched an episode of The Batman (animated series) before I left for work and had never seen it before. Very interesting take on The Joker - hard to believe this was approved for kids 8 and older. The theme was done by The Edge from U2 and the theme to The Flash was done by Danny Elfman of Oingo Boingo (and a lot of movie soundtracks including the 1989 Batman movie). Some serious chops on those two themes!

3 Likes

December 2nd:
In the early morning I was on my way home from work and listened to Batman: The Audio Adventures. Once home I watched two episodes of Teen Titans Go! and listened to an episode of Superman the radio show.

Starting today with an episode of Doom Patrol. Probably going to be watching a lot of these to get ready for season four, which begins in four days.

Ended up watching a few episodes of Aquaman, the animated show from the 60s and the documentary ‘Milestone Generations’ as well.

3 Likes

DCember 3rd:
Been a great day of catchin up on some reading and picking up on a show I had left behind a long time ago.

Read:
Dark Crisis #4
Dark Crisis Worlds Without A Justice League - Wonder Woman
The Flash #786
Dark Crisis Young Justice #4
Flashpoint Beyond #5
Justice League vs. Legion of Superheroes #5
Justice League vs. Legion of Superheroes #6
Dark Crisis #5

Listened to:
Batman The Audio Adventures S1E2
Superman (Radio Show)

Watched:
Preacher S1E2
Comics from the Multiverse (YouTube)

3 Likes

DCember 4th:

Light day because of work…

Listened to:
Batman The Audio Adventures S1E3
Superman (Radio Show)

Watched:
Teen Titans Go (multiple episodes)

2 Likes

DCember 5th:

Watched a few YouTube channels about DC comics - specifically about the upcoming Dawn of DC - plus read some DC comics to get caught up on the Dark Crisis. Finished the night listening to the Superman radio show.

Dark Crisis: Deadly Green #1
Dark Crisis: Worlds Without A Justice League - Green Arrow #1
Flashpoint Beyond #6
Dark Crisis Young Justice #5

3 Likes

DCember 6th:

Watched Steel
Read I Am Batman #15
Read Dark Crisis #6
Watched all the Special Features from Justice League Blu-Ray
Read Aquaman #35 (first appearance of Black Manta)

2 Likes

DCember 7th:

• Voted on who the next villain should be in issue #2 of Batman: The Legacy Cowl
  • Bought ‘Future State: Wonder Woman #1’ as a NFT
  • Took part in a Twitter Space discussion of Bat Cowl NFTs & Batman: The Legacy Cowl
  • Read Jonah Hex #1 - #3
  • Watched a lot of YouTube videos discussing the news that WW3 has been canceled and Henry Cavill is out as Superman
  • Watched Tales of the Black Freighter
  • Watched Teen Titans Go
4 Likes

Hey Felix–hope the rest of your DCember went well! I finished reading Dark Crisis as an event today. Will probably rewatch Black Adam in the next week–I saw it in the theatre as well.

4 Likes

It’s going well - I’m in the final week! I miss music the most. And comedies. Not a lot of laughs in the DC movies/TV shows. I’ve watched a lot of Teen Titans Go! and all of Powerless but those only go so far!

3 Likes

You could just watch and listen too non-DC stuff. I don’t know what you are trying to prove with this

Watch more Super Friends.

2 Likes

Ha! Not trying to prove anything, just a fun way for me to finally watch the movies and shows that have been on my to-watch list for too long. Preacher, Birds of Prey, Doom Patrol, etc. Also getting caught up on comics and the audio series like Sandman and Batman The Audio Adventures.

3 Likes