DC Universe Superman Book Club Week 8: Dead Again!

You know you’re getting old when you start shouting at the screen, “Listen to him, Ben!”

1 Like

@AlexanderKnox Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

SN: William Daniels is awesome.

1 Like

KITT is a rather demanding father. Just let him drift in the pool, man. And not in a SCUBA suit!

Perhaps Mr. Daniels should have played Milton Fine. Brainiac Meets World.

2 Likes

“Brainiac Meets World” would have been a better follow-up to the TGIF adventures of Terry McGinnis’ little brother (whose real life older brother voiced Hawk on Justice League Unlimited, BTW) than the follow-up that we actually got.

Visualize, if you will, Superman asking Mr. Feeny for advice while he’s trimming his roses…

“Ah, Superman. What can I do for you?”

“Well Mr. Feeny, it’s about Conduit…”

“Oh yes, Mr. Braverman. I seem to recall he had a particular grudge against one Clark Kent, yes?”

“That’s right KITT, I mean Benjamin’s dad, I mean 1776, um…Mr. Feeny.”

Everyone’s in awe of George Feeny, even Superman.

2 Likes

Now I feel old with all these references to Mr. Daniels. I think I need a doctor.

picks up the phone and calls St. Eligius hopital

Yeah I need to speak to Dr. Craig immediately. It’s urgent.

3 Likes

The next big DC event: Crisis in Infinite Snowglobes.

3 Likes

After that, the next big, non-comic, DC event would be Ed Begley Jr.'s return to a live-action production.

2 Likes

I just want to say that this L&C episode isn’t fooling me. This is just the plot of Superman IV, but with less political preaching and less fabulous fingernails.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but this is so unbelievable it pulled me out of the story and nearly ruined my childhood. No way you can get a direct flight from Smallville to Metropolis.

5 Likes

@AlexanderKnox That episode was also sans William Hootkins.

@msgtv Maybe Perry White’s nephew, Richard, arranged that flight? He’s pretty good behind the flight stick from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Ummm, trying to figure out how I can still be outraged. Maybe I’ll just read the next issue

2 Likes

Barry Kitson is so good he makes Superman’s long hair look cool. Is he still working?

What’s up his cape is a great line. What rings true from all the issues up to this point is that no matter what Supes does someone can twist it to mean he’s not really Superman, from his hair being too long to him stopping a robbery. Once people are suspicious they find reasons to be suspicious.

First this is just a really nice page. Also, as I’m thinking Superman is a acting too angry and punching before thinking, so does he. That’s good writing.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t trust him with that hair, either. In some panels, he looks like Samurai Cop.

2 Likes

Oh my Rao, we need a Superman/Samurai Cop one-shot!

@AlexanderKnox and I can write it. Does anyone have a box of nice Crayola’s laying around to illustrate it? A couch for me to lay on and spitball ideas to Knox as he sits at a typewriter whilst wearing his fedora would be ideal too.

My favorite issue of this arc was Superman #95, followed by The Adventures of Superman #518. Both were alot of fun, and anything with New Gods characters is an instant winner for me.

1 Like

The New Gods section was the only part I liked. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, Joe Marshall speaks fluent Kryptonese.

1 Like

puts a trash can with a Nerf mini-basketball hoop over it next to @AlexanderKnox’s typewriter

Now we just need some Pink Floyd and Bowie to put on, and we can start hammering out “Superman/Samurai Cop: Long-Haired Hardasses”!

Should we order pizza? Phat Boy Pizza has great late night specials. Maybe delivery boy Max Faraday is working tonight. He could help us belt out ideas, I bet.

1 Like

I wanna be the guy who walks by your office and sticks my head in to say
Chief says you dipsticks better have this on his desk by Tuesday or your ass is grass.

3 Likes

also the system rejects the word numb nuts when written as a single word, which is hilarious because who even uses it anymore

3 Likes

@msgtv That sounds swell!

I’m going to start using “numb nuts” in my daily verbal lexicon now. Only in a humorous context of course.

2 Likes

Yes, because serious numb nuts would be a problem.

2 Likes