DC Universe Online (The Game)

…my dog just slapped my phone screen and hit send. As I was saying:

…Martial Arts/brawling, dual wield. Usually Batgirl. Sometimes Dove (need catwoman goggles though) occasionally Owlman-themed.

Nauticala-water powers, flight, sword for a weapon. Shes basically a rogue, former Queens Guard from one of the Atlantian houses, loosely modeled after Deep Blue from Aquaman lore.

Ember Sparxx-Atomic powers, flight, brawling and blasters for offense. Glowing amber skin, too hot for clothes. Picture a female "Human Torch" or "the Radiant". Typical experiment gone wrong granting superpowers.

Czarnian Bastich- Artillery, acrobatics, rifles and pistols… its Lobo. Just a random surviving Lobo clone. My only villain.

Kara Jade-Green Lantern, flight, all weapons. Lavender skinned with magenta hair, based on the Green Lantern Laira. I dont have the skimpy leotard yet.

2 Likes

Gorgon Girl! She was turned to stone by a sorcerer, but can still move, whoOoOaAa!

Kabuki Kid! Sorry for the cultural appropriation! He’s from an alien culture who practice a martial art based on quantum mechanics! I don’t know what that means, but it sounds good!

1 Like

Been playing for eight and a half years.

Still great.

2 Likes

im actually really interested in this game, i watch twitch stream and it looks almost like Saints Row IV.
Is that an accurate assumption?

2 Likes

Update: started playing it is very much like saints row I was put off by the fact I couldn’t change the hair style and clothes in character creation and I have yet to get other hairstyles beside the base you start with. I have so much to still learn and I was a bit put off that while I was unaware of what was happening I was getting attacked by some heroes (I of course chose villain) apparently there was an event that allows PVP which I was surprised by. Oh well.

1 Like

I play it on PlayStation, been playing it since the Beta, I jump on it on occasion, We should host a massive battle online sometime soon.

I just got internet again and so I can finally start playing again.
I am so freaking jazzed too because I just unlocked Sinestro Corp. emblem. Now, all I need is the Orange and I will have a complete set. It was crazy. I wanted Blue, Green, and White right off the bat and on my first try, I got White. Then I got White 3 more times. Banked so much money from selling them.

Anyway, my top 2 characters are my GL and Hawkman. I like spending tons of time in the character creator. It’s kinda zenful for me.

My favorite power is Light. Movement type is flight with skimming at close 2nd.

Who all is playing this on the Switch? I have a PS4 too, but am actively playing on Switch.

So the Spring Seasonal has just started up.
And while I usually just go into it for grass, trees and other forestry things for my Green Arrow character(hey Robin Hood needs his Sherwood!)
This year has finally added some style items I’ve been asking for for years!
One of course is a pair of Cat ears that can be applied to a characters head…
Now I have finally finished my Julie Newmar Catwoman!

Additionally,I also received the accessory version of last years bee antenna as an accessory piece that I can add on top of my other character’s cowl.
Now I can finally truly represent the first incarnation of Blue Beetle I was ever exposed to….
Jim Boyd from the Electric Company!

2 Likes

I am thoroughly ashamed that I forgot about the Electric Company’s Blue Beetle. :rofl:

I play DCUO every now and then. My main is a sort of pulp hero turned superpowered crusader named Doc Knight. He has ice powers and dual wield, though I forget what level he’s at now.

I tend to lose interest in the game when my league falls apart around me (it’s happened twice now),* and soloing day after day just doesn’t maintain my interest.

• Editor’s note: It wasn’t me, I swear. I’d go away for a day or two and when I got back, everyone was mad at each other because reasons.

It looks like while plans to update DC Universe Online are still in full swing, The Marvel game that would begin development from the same studio as DCUO has been cancelled. It’s said that this is to focus more on updating DCUO and Lord of the Rings Online.

I was HOOKED on this game back in the day and I still come back to play it every so often. Nowadays I only really play Legends PvE because I just love how it handles the gameplay for iconic JL members.

Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Superman, Supergirl, Green Arrow, and both Wonder Girls are my favorites. I adore the way that Donna Troy’s suit looks in the game and I love using the Lassos of Truth, Persuasion, and Lightning.