DC Universe Online (The Game)

Is anyone playing? I go back to it from time to time, but only the free to play. I really enjoy the game, but wish I could customize more like in city of heroes.

8 Likes

It was just announced to be coming to Switch, so I just started playing again. I love that it’s an 8 year old game that’s still getting major dlcs and story updates.

4 Likes

I’ve been on a week long DCUO bender. I’ve been off and on since it released. Occasionally I’ll buy a month of membership just for the free promethium boxes. Not sure if this option is in the free version because I hadn’t noticed it, but this month I have a membership and was given the option to raise one character to level 210. It really gave the game new life for me as it opened most episodes, and by extension brought more gear to customize.
That is my highest recommendation. Pay for one month of membership and boost your combat rating to 210. You’ll get 150 replay badges, full access to your bank account, the ability to trade and sell gear, and all power options, and all stays after your membership runs out. $15 if I remember correctly. Also, this week has a free gift.
For example, maybe you wanted a Green or Yellow Lantern, or a water based hero, or electrical powers, or plant powers. Get a membership and make one of each. They’ll all still be accessible after the membership expires, same with the shield for a weapon.

3 Likes

To clarify, jumping to 210 usually cost $50 real life dollars, hence only one per account

1 Like

If anyone is on Xbox one, befriend Nocturnaa

1 Like

I’ll be playing it for the first time on my Switch this summer

2 Likes

Never played it. I do love the cut scenes and the DC Universe Online Legends tie-in comic though. That was a fun series.

2 Likes

@Vroom I’ve done that with the Injustice Games. Some really good DC storytelling there.

1 Like

@DCCC TX85 pointed out the Injustice cut-scene movies to me on YouTube. They’re fan-foogoo-tastic!

1 Like

We should really have a DCU Members League in there. I’d be willing to join one, though not confident enough to start my own.

2 Likes

I play occasionally, but only free to play as well, on the PS4. I love the idea of a DCU Members League though!

3 Likes

We need a thread in fan creations so everybody can show off our characters!

3 Likes

I’ve been playing the game since it launched. I actually had a problem develop with my PS3 two years ago during the summer seasonal event. (Corrupted Data some-such during a minor hot fix update) As a result I missed out on a lot of the Aquaman Appreciation gifts like the Aquaman Emblem. Fortunately, I got a PS4 form my birthday that September and was able to get back up to speed. I currently have about 32 characters My primaries are heroes of my own invention with a large part of the remainder being homages to Members of The Justice League (with a heavy emphasis on the Giffen/DeMatteis JLI era)

3 Likes

It’s coming to the switch, which is pretty cool.

2 Likes

@golddragon71, You seem to be the most qualified to lead a DCU Members League. Would you be interested? I bought a 3 month membership last night, also play on PS4, but I also have a free account on my PC at work (tiny retail business, lots of downtime) that I use to collect items for my main account. My PSN name is Bucky_Barnes07 if you’d like to add me.

I play occasionally. What are your characters powers? I have a flash one and a Batman one

I like Quantum powers. I’m pretty much Thom Kallor, right down to the space-like costume.

@coldsmoke Thanks for the offer but I actually am not a “group/league” player.

@redhood. My primary is called the Golden Dragon. I actually created him for the Wizard/JLA contest They selected the lucky character and then have their own in-house Villain (Prometheus) kill the poor guy off in three seconds (good thing I missed the deadline!) Anyway GD is the Avatar of the entire Dragon Race. In addition to Flight, super strength and invulnerability, he has three basic forms he takes. One is his ordinary human personae. An Average guy (basically me) a Gold skinned Super hero with large Bat/Dragon style wings and Long hair and finally, a Dragon Heart sized Gold-scaled Dragon (As the Dragon he can actually increase his sized to full Kaiju proportions but only when it’s absolutely necessary. (I would love for him to be able to do that in the game but every game has it’s limits…personally I’d settle for the hero character getting to use Bizarro’s Fire breath) As it is, GD is a Powerful Sorcerer However, due to fanboyism, he’s listed as a Meta because he took Superman as a mentor.
Other’s I created are Tsunamisan, a Water Goddess. Seraph an angel, Lycan Thrope, a werewolf that can just about control his animalistic nature (but I wouldn’t push any of his buttons on a Full Moon Night…) Coldsnap He generates a field of Cold from within his own body and can freeze you with his Icy stare (I also want Bizarro’s freeze vision!) Speed Queen (you can guess her deal) Cyberbolt. a Living Lightning bolt.who specializes in technological infiltration. Lady Time a guardian of History,
As for my JLI team I have Vigilant Batective, Two doctor Fates (male/Female) Maestro Miraculous, An all purpose lantern, and Speed Avatar an all purpose Flash, Frostina (Tora Olafdotter’s (JLI’s Ice) illegitimate niece) Jonn Marshunter (take a wild guess) a Beetle, a Booster, Dr. Light II, as well as a Reverse Flash and an ice villainess called Creamsick Killer (creamsicle)

3 Likes

Dang, guess I’ll cancel the crowning ceremonies. You must be pretty good to play on your own; I’ve been having real trouble going after bounties by myself, but I’m only level 22 so far. Most just one-hit me, but I did beat Bizzaro out of pure luck.

1 Like

@redhood

Nocturnaa-Gadget powers, acrobatic movement, martial arts/