DC Universe Member Exclusive Subscriptions to current books for an additional price

I’ve been giving it some thought and figured if there was room to expand the comics section it’d be using the current ongoing books that DC is publishing right now. Why not? It’d be a way to get new readers and old readers to be read more stuff. An additional price of 7.99 could make up the total to be 14.99. It’d be completely optional.

1 Like

The problem is most members pay more than 14.99 in recent comics per year. It would invalidate comic stores and the DC comic industry.

6 Likes

How about a discount at Midtown Comics for a mail subscription? I might go for that.

At first I thought you all had lost your minds, but then I realized you’re talking about physical comics, right?

1 Like

I think having physical comics through the shop would be a good idea though given the logistical difficulties of affordably shipping physical issues and having them consistently arrive in a condition worth the price it might be better if they were to feature trades and hardcovers maybe with some exclusive content for subscribers.

1 Like

Logistics is why I suggested Midtown Comics. On the DC website, they’ve already got a link to MC, and there’s already a discount. So, I’m suggesting something that already exists. DCU members could get an additional 5% off, or something.

1 Like

As someone who subscribes to comics directly from Midtown Comics, condition and timeliness of arrival are both problems.
I would say this issue has been with all third-party monthly fulfillment houses that DC Comics has used, not just with Midtown.

1 Like

The thing with your plan is it would have to be above the average amount a fan pays per year on DC Comics. Which isn’t to say it won’t happen but it would likely be more like a 70 dollar increase to turn a profit. Might work though. I’m fine waiting a year though.