DC UNIVERSE Is Becoming DC UNIVERSE INFINITE, Your New Premiere Comic Subscription Service, January 2021!

I think this is awful, I enjoy watching the old shows and movies. Without Roku there is really no reason for me to spend the money on this. I had hoped you would keep the old shows

6 Likes

If I’ve learned anything from these forums it’s this:
Apparently Roku got very popular over the years :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Wait they are getting rid of the TV app? What the hell? I read all my comics on my TVs because it was the best experience.

6 Likes

That’s my big question as well. It’d be a huge bummer to lose all this great animated content plus Legion of Superheroes and even The Batman.

6 Likes

So. The pricing is the same but without any of the video content? But that video content will live on HBO which we get a discount on? Do we know how long that discount lasts?

I’d be down for $5 more per month for HBO on top of DC, but keeping the same monthly and annual pricing while cutting all of the video content had my jaw actually drop a bit.

I want to be clear that I’m not necessarily upset, but I can’t tell what the future looks like past a certain point re: DC shows and DC comics, and it would be REALLY NICE to have that clearly spelled out or said explicitly that we’d be locked in to some kind of bundle pricing.

5 Likes

Okay, I found a reason to be upset, they’re taking it off of all the ways I actually have access to the app on my TV :sob:

Also, I assumed everything video oriented would just move over to MAX, but upon further reading may not be the case.

My number one most watched shows on here have been Batman TAS, JLU, The Flash and Wonder Woman…

Damn it!

8 Likes

So glad it is going completely comic based,not happy about leaving Roku as it is a pain already to watch this app and HBO Max on 2 diff devices. Plus I liked the combo of both comics and videos,If I wanted just comics I alreay have Comicoligy but I assume that means they are going to be pulling contract for that also??

2 Likes

It’s been mentioned by other posters but whether the older animated shows (the Batman shows, Timm Universe, Legion or Super Heroes, Teen Titans, GL, etc) are going to HBO Max or not is vitally important in the decision get continue to be a member of either service. When exactly will we know?

4 Likes

Hi, Nightwing! You’ve come to the right place :slight_smile: But in the future, you can also contact our Help Center (generally located at the bottom of the web page or in the “settings” area of your app) at yourdcu.com/submit. They’ll be able to help with billing and technical issues.

You can find the full details of this here:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/hbomax

It is described as the following in terms of payment:

“LIMITED TIME SAVINGS. Enjoy this special offer to experience HBO Max. Paid DC Universe monthly subscribers who are in good standing as of 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2020, may qualify to bundle their DCU monthly subscription ($7.99/mo.) with a discounted subscription to HBO Max ($4.99/mo.) for a total price of $12.98/mo. (plus applicable taxes) for a period of six (6) months (the “DCU Monthly Bundle Offer”). DC Universe account holders in a free trial period, or those with free subscriptions, or as otherwise determined by WB, are not eligible.”

The link above will immediately tell you if you qualify. The qualifications are a bit long to post here, but you can find them towards the bottom under the heading “DCU + HBO Max Bundle Offer for DCU Annual Subscribers”.

If there are no extensions or additional bundles, I expect they will become two full-price payments. But the HBO Max support center will have better answers on this.

This is another question for HBO Max, but I don’t believe there is offline viewing.

This is the shorthand response found in the T&C linked above:

“If you are enrolled in the DCU Annual Bundle Offer and cancel your DC Universe annual subscription before the end of the subscription period, your discounted subscription price for HBO Max will end and your HBO Max subscription will auto-renew, on your next HBO Max billing date, at the then current monthly subscription price for HBO Max (currently $14.99 per month, plus applicable taxes), unless you cancel your HBO Max subscription.”

Further clarification can be found in the support/billing centers of HBO Max.

I hope this helped a good amount, and I do appreciate the context and thoroughness of your requests! It really helps to give you the answers your’e looking for, to the best of my abilities :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My crystal ball tells me you should see something early next week :crystal_ball:

15 Likes

I know they actually thought we would be happy with this?? Most of us started right from the begining with Titans yet us to stay?? Seriously??

6 Likes

So, you’re doing away with Amazon Kindle support for comic readers? That’s highly disappointing. I was just charged not long ago for my annual renewal, had I known this was coming I would have cancelled.

4 Likes

It’s a 6 month discount- you can find all the details on the promo page here:

One of the ways we are offsetting the cost is with a voucher of $10 (monthly subs) or $25 (annual subs) for existing members as a “thank you” for staying on and enjoying all the new comic book content we’re adding :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Roku has literally been one of the best selling operating systems for the past couple years now…

5 Likes

@Applejack. Hi! Where’s a link to the HBOMax Bundle option?? Asking for a friend…literally

JK…you beat me to it :purple_heart: Thank yoooou!!!

3 Likes

No satisfying answer on when you might hear but keep your eye on the announcement area of the Community over the next few months :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have both a Roku and a Chromecast, and I never use the Roku :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Nothing like a calm and chill friday morning to close out the week for AJ :laughing:

Here’s some virtual coffee and snacks…

6 Likes

Please contact our Help Center for a pro-rated refund- while we’re sorry to see you go, we don’t want you to feel like you’re “stuck” paying for a service you won’t use.

4 Likes

So we have to wait to see if the older animated shows will be heading to hbo max?

5 Likes