DC Universe Book Club (DCUBC)

Greetings and welcome to DCU Book Club!

DC Universe Book Club (DCUBC) is a club focused on exploring a wide variety of titles offered on the service. From DC mainstays like Batman to more obscure characters like Blue Devil. Everyone is welcome!

DCUBC hosts three discussions: DCUBC, DCUBC-Girl Power!, and DCUBC-Epics.

• DCUBC posts a new book topic each week on MONDAY, the discussion ends on SUNDAY night. Spoiler comments are open all week, so feel free to read, then jump in to the spoiler filled discussion about the reading. Screen shots of panels are welcome!

• DCUBC-Girl Power!
    Once per month, taking the place of a week of our regular book club, we focus on the wonderful ladies of the DCU. Whether they are heroes or villains, Girl Power! selections are all about them.

• DCUBC-Epics
    Like to read binge read all of the arcs in a story from start to finish? DCUBC-Epics hosts the reading and discussion of complete series. The discussion generally lasts 3-4 weeks.

:compass: Expand the summaries below for full details!

How to FIND us: Look for our dcubc Tag

:mag: To find our previous discussions, click one of the tags on this topic.

How to be NOTIFIED of our new selections: Add the dcubc tag to “Watching First Post”

:incoming_envelope: To be notified of our new book club topics, add the dcubc tag to the “Watching First Post” section of your Tags preferences, as shown in the screen shot above.

Interested? Want to add BC flair to your profile image? Join us here: https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/g/DCBookClub

CONTACTS

Feel free direct message hosts @MattMcDonald or @JLWWSM if you have questions, comments, or concerns.

Thanks for dropping by and we hope to see you soon! Happy reading and welcome! :open_book:

16 Likes

I would like to join this club.

5 Likes

Sign me up!

2 Likes

I’m a part-timer in the book clubs…

3 Likes

Hello! Our DCUBC door is always open, drop in for a discussion anytime.

Just to reiterate , it’s not required to join the group to participate in book club, but to sport BC Flair, you have to be assigned to the group. I hope to see you in book club soon. :books:

2 Likes

Hi @Jay_Kay
Awesome! Click the link above in MattMcDonald’s post, that’ll take you to our group’s page. Click the “Join” button on the top right. We’ll see you in book club soon, can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the book.

1 Like

Oooh! Okay, my bad, still learning the new digs. :slight_smile: So will the discussions be on a seperate thread, or will it be on here?

You’re good, it takes time to learn the new navigation. I’m still getting used to it too.

• The discussions are posted in the #activities / Community Events section (click/expand the arrow in the “How Find us” section of Matt’s original post for more details). We’re still getting our tags set up.

• Once the tags are in place, you’ll get a notification of our new topics if you set up your alerts that way (click/expand the arrow in the “How to be notified” section of Matt’s original post to view how to set up your notifications).

From now until Sunday, Oct. 27th, we’re reading Kingdom Come here

Let us know if you have more questions. We’re happy to help!

This is where we get to talk about Kingdom Come, presumably starting tomorrow? i am also guessing one can join multiple clubs. I don’t always participate in the selection within this club, which is why i am hesitant about joining

I am totally a life-long supporter and member of the DC Universe Book Club. But…since I want to wear a different flair, I’ll just participate and not click “join.” But I’m all in!!! I’ll join again once DCU has a way to select which flair I wear!

1 Like

I remember reading the first book in the book club last year!! Forgot what it was though :joy::joy:

1 Like

Hi @AntLeon :wave:

Our door is always open. There is no pressure to join the discussion every week. Join discussions wherever it works best. You do not have to officially join the group to participate in book club. And yes! join as many clubs as you desire. They all look really fun.

Our book club discussions, including Kingdom Come, can be found through a couple of ways :compass:

1. Clicking our dcubc tag dcubc. It’s also located at the very top of Matt’s original post on this topic.
  2. We post the topic in the Community Events section: #activities

If you have more questions let us know. I’m so excited to discuss Kingdom Come. I’ll see you there soon :slight_smile:

@Redhood.55520 I seem to recall is was that Action Comics Series where Lois Lane looked like Margot Kidder with Brainiac vs. Superman … https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/comics/dc-universe-book-club-week_1

Thanks @Don-El

Not going to lie Community 2.0 is so much better than the previous one lol with the replying

2 Likes

It really Is! I’ve been with DCUniverse and this community since day 1, and I’ve spent more time visible and active today, then the entire first year. So much more streamlined, and easier to feel apart if it all now (for me at least). I was actually jealous of how well everyone else seemed to understand the inner workings of the community and just ended up lurking instead of participating.

That all changed today for sure!

3 Likes

I just joined the club! Still trying to figure out how to navigate the new community but I’m eager to read and talk about comics with other people who love them as much as I do!

@bumpkins

Awesome! Welcome. Let us know if you have trouble finding the discussions. The easiest way is clicking our tag #dcubc

Ah yes clicking the tag is much easier! Thanks!

2 Likes

What a great read that was. Love that book. It will always hold a special place in my heart. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like