DC TV & Movie Club - Superman Returns Watch Along 6/12 @2PM PST/5PM EST

Speaking of chemistry, take in this May-December romance!

3 Likes

I believe it was Superman Vs The Elite

2 Likes

How-do, :superman:uper Friends! :wave:t2:

3 Likes

You know Spacey was really acting his heart out, because she is WAY out of his age range.

4 Likes

This is Noel Neil right?

4 Likes

Some guys like older women. :smirk:

2 Likes

“Well, you’re a classic Lois Lane actress, so how’d you like to play the elderly woman who hooks up with Lex Luthor?”

3 Likes

The one and only.

4 Likes

And the bar tender is Jimmy!

2 Likes

Oh, boy. We will have to acknowledge the discomfort that comes with the director and one of the stars of this film, won’t we?

4 Likes

That he is.

2 Likes

No, because we can separate art from real life and just enjoy the movie.

2 Likes

I’m going to probably make a lot of cracks on how much of a piece of crap Spacey is, but he does do deliciously evil really well in this. He’s oddly probably the best part of the movie, though that’s also kind of a problem.

4 Likes

I’ll be the older dude today, I think.

I was born about the time Superman 1978 was released. Superman II was one of the first movies I remember seeing at the drive-in as a child and my luv for movies and the Superman story hasn’t really let up.

3 Likes

Spacey was a good Hackman fill-in, but if he got to play his own Luthor, that would have been something really special, I think.

3 Likes

Why do aliens only crash on midwestern farms?

3 Likes

Trees scratch the paint

2 Likes

Corn is like UFO magnet. Everyone knows this

2 Likes

And…why do guys like Buford report the crashes?

I mean, are we to believe the Francois’s of the world have never been privy to an alien event? Hmm? Huh? Ah. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

That’s kind of how I feel – there was potential for something good, but it also just blatently copied and pasted the Donner movie(s), minus the heart and spirit.

5 Likes