DC TV and Movie Club-Justice League: Doom Discussion

download

When someone asks if Batman can defeat anyone in the DC Universe it always comes down to one thing, how much planning time he gets. The Caped Crusader is easily one of the greatest strategists in the DCU and this was shown in the amazing Tower of Babel storyline. This week, we will be discussing an adaptation of this storyline. Justice League: Doom!

After you watch this epic Justice League story, discuss below and feel free to use the following questions:
-Favorite Character?
-Favorite Moment/Line?
-Which plan to take out a leaguer was best?
-Do you think that Vandal Savage worked as a villain for this or should they have used Ra’s al Ghul like the original storyline?
-Do you think Batman’s plans are strategy or paranoia?
-Can the League trust Batman?
-How would you take out a member of the League?

Enjoy the movie and discuss below!

1 Like

It’s…fine. We just wrapped up a watchalong for it, and it managed to hold my attention, but it felt very abrupt, as if it had a two-act structure instead of a three-act one.

3 Likes

Yeah. In many ways the Babel stuff and the Vandal Savage stuff feel like two different movies but it’s a fun watch.

Also always good to hear DCAU Justice League Cast

I’m probably not the best person to ask about that, since I’ve always been kinda indifferent to the DCAU past the Fox seasons of BTAS. :wink:

1 Like

This is always a Fun Watch for me. One of favorite classics, if we can consider it that.

2 Likes

It’s a fun watch definitely

1 Like

Anything with Conroy makes me happy.

1 Like

I liked this movie. As some stated, it feels like two different story lines unnecessarily smashed together, but it didn’t take away from the fun of the movie for me.

My stand out characters were Cheetah and Cyborg. Cheetah’s nonchalantness (is that a word) when it came to slicing Savage’s throat was great, as was her interactions with Diana. This was also a great animated way of introducing Cyborg to the Justice League. Especially pre-52.

1 Like

Yeah. I think cyborg was great in this.

Same. Hands down my favorite Batman.

I remember watching this when it came out but that was a long time ago so I decided to watch it again. I enjoyed it a lot more the 2nd time around. Now I want to go read the Tower of Babel comic too

1 Like

You should. It’s Mark Waid who wrote Kingdom Come. It’s great

It is one of my favorites of the DC Animated Movies

feel free to use the following questions:
-Favorite Character?
Vandal Savage. Such a plan on such a massive scale is as much in his”wheelhouse” as it is Ra’s. Vandal works better because he is more likely to recruit the villains needed. Where as Ra’s already has his own group of mercenaries.

-Favorite Moment/Line?
“By Me!!”

-Which plan to take out a leaguer was best?
Martian Manhunter, by far. It was so subtle.

-Do you think that Vandal Savage worked as a villain for this or should they have used Ra’s al Ghul like the original storyline?
As I mentioned above, I like Vandal even more. This is a plan that took at least a two decades to set up. Which is nothing to an immortal.

-Do you think Batman’s plans are strategy or paranoia?
Yes. As he says, mind control is a very real possibility. So having a contingency plan to take down other JL members is a necessary evil.

-Can the League trust Batman?
You can never trust Batman. He keeps to many secrets. You can’t develop meaningful trust with Batman. He always has his own agenda.

-How would you take out a member of the League?
Cyborg, attach an EMP generator to him at intervals that are smaller than his ability to “reboot”.

1 Like

Great responses. Completely agree. I like Vandal too and think you could easily take out cyborg if you put your mind to it

1 Like