DC Showcase Short Films

When are the rest of the DC Showcase Short films going to be added to the streaming service? The Spectre, Green Arrow, etc? They are all great and so far, the only one on the service is the Superman/Shazam one.

2 Likes

Nevermind. Just noticed most of them are on the Shazam listing. Derp.

1 Like

Yay! Glad you found them. We’ll talk to the powers that be about how to make them more visible and break them out- it’s most likely we are leaning into Shazam! for some reason :thinking::wink:
For those who haven’t seen the short films @bigcc778.61916 is referring to, you can find them here!

https://www.dcuniverse.com/videos/watch/superman-shazam-the-return-of-black-adam/3f1a8ebf-7e09-4291-8d44-33ed3b4df151

1 Like

These shorts are amazing and in my opinion WB should be producing more to play at the beginning of DCEU movies in theatres, ala Loony Toons and Merry Melodies in the 30s and 40s. It’s a great way to expose audiences to larger pieces of the DC universe without overwhelming filmmakers.
For example, you go see BoP:atfeoohq, DC Showcase Spectre plays before the feature. Now some audience members are familiar with the character and social buzz starts.

2 Likes

These shorts are gold. They just fit right.

Thanks for the link @Applejack. I never would’ve noticed them there either. It’s a shame they aren’t available as individual installments. I have all the blu-rays, so I’ve seen them all that way. I just re-watched Catwoman, that’s on the Batman: Year One disc that I also recently re-watched. Have to admit, the #metoo era has me seeing pole dancing in strip joints popping up on DC animated shorts feeling awkward. :confused: Otherwise, it was decent.

Thanks for the link @Applejack. I never would’ve noticed them there either. It’s a shame they aren’t available as individual installments. I have all the blu-rays, so I’ve seen them all that way. I just re-watched Catwoman, that’s on the Batman: Year One disc that I also recently re-watched. Have to admit, the #metoo era has me seeing pole dancing in strip joints popping up on DC animated shorts feeling awkward. :confused: Otherwise, it was decent.