DC Round Robin 2022: The Final Face-Off! Voting is CLOSED

I’m starting to feel bad for the makers of SSD…

6 Likes

I feel like instead of loser gets nothing instead, 2nd place should get to be backup issue or maybe for superboy they cound have that superman and Losi story from last year and the squad 7 book cound be the backup for ssd

8 Likes

Maybe

Let’s use Ask Jeeves to…oh, yeah.

Well, let’s use Infoseek and…no, can’t do that, either.

ponders if GeoCities still exists

8 Likes

Maybe a one-shot even?

7 Likes

I’m disappointed The Question and Animal Man didn’t get their books, but I’d GLADLY pick Super Boy over yet another suicide squad rag. Let’s go Conner!!

20 Likes

google says no…

MySpace is still a thing though, just failing. Hard.

6 Likes

Welcome @Rents!

superboy220-handsome

16 Likes

Given that we’re getting 6 pagers for four of the losers this year, and a full comic of some kind for Blue Beetle from last year, I’m betting we’re gonna be seeing more from the second placer, too! At least, it would fit the pattern!

Also, that Superboy 10 pager is AWESOME! Love all the continuity stuff that is still very accessible, and the art is fantastic! Can’t wait to see if Conner can get himself a place in the galaxy!

17 Likes

I only skimmed through a few pages. I want to be surprised by what’s happening when Superboy wins.

If Superboy wins, that is. Although the odds are in our favor?

6 Likes

If Conner’s book wins and he becomes a big deal again, I’m all-in on a mini titled “Conner and Jon: A Tale of Two Superboys”.

Just sayin’, in case the folks in Marketing are peaking in…

…and if they are, hi! :wave:t2: :clark_hv_4:

12 Likes

Suicide Squad Dark needs to win this!!! Come on!!!

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for being a part of Round Robin 2022! :batparrot:

7 Likes

I never want to count my chickens before they’re hatched! I certainly want Superboy to win, but I know the Suicide Squad fans are passionate too!

@Vroom I personally wish they’d make a Superman: Sky Tales anthology series to match Batman: Urban Legends (though I hope with more stories I enjoy, as Urban Legends has been 99% fails for me) (and also a Wonder Woman: Island Larks anthology!)

11 Likes

Frankly, I’m a bit surprised by that. I thought for sure people would overwhelmingly vote for the squad. I’m really happy to see everyone voting for Conner. Dude deserves better than he’s been getting for a while. :^P

12 Likes

I’m all-in for a monthly Superman anthology.

Its a great idea and like Batman: Urban Legends, it could serve to put the spotlight on characters who don’t currently have a starring gig, along with highlighting characters who likely wouldn’t get their own gig but still have plenty to offer, storytelling-wise.

One day, maybe? As Lois said in Superman: The Movie, “Who knows?”

SN: “The Shadow knows!”

12 Likes

The Shadow knows what evil lurks in the heart of men!

9 Likes

Not necessarily blue beetle did not come In second that was sucide squad 7 so. But I am hyped for that blue beetle story

7 Likes

The Shadow also has at least one series by DC to his name.

…along with a series of rad toys by Kenner, which were based on the rad movie.

6 Likes

Oh, I know. I’m just saying that it feels like the editors know that we don’t just want a winner-takes all, everyone else gets nothing system, and are taking concrete steps to avoid that this year!

6 Likes

Poor suicide squad always the brides mate never the bride

6 Likes