DC Round Robin 2022: The Final Face-Off! Voting is CLOSED

Has Connor ever taken another identity? I thought he was always just Superboy.

3 Likes

But if you can swing a one month subscription, I guarantee there’s enough there for you to get your money worth.

2 Likes

Considering how much complaining there was on here about how Instagram effectively overrode the other polls by attracting voters who aren’t likely to buy any comics, I’m not surprised that they made that call.

3 Likes

Yes, you can make an account for the community without subscribing to DCUI. In fact, I think drawing attention to that is yet another reason that they chose to handle it that way.

3 Likes

And that’s why they made the finals exclusive to this site.

3 Likes

The fact that the final is only here suggests that they decided to listen to those comments.

4 Likes

Considering that we just saw that in the preview… not cool enough.

2 Likes

There’s also the understandable impulse that people who want SSD to win are campaigning on the wider internet to drive new members to create accounts and sway the vote, or reaching out to existing users who stopped/never started following this competition for the same reason, in which case it’s just democracy in action.

Though I do expect that the mods will eliminate any fraudulent votes and personally hope Superboy wins.

3 Likes

Yup, just cleared out another bunch. Will keep an eye out tomorrow!

14 Likes

Wow, thank you. It’s weird how persistent these fraudulent votes are coming in. I’m sorry you have to do so on your vacation time. Thank you.

10 Likes

Have a great vacation @Alec.Holland. :grinning:

7 Likes

The problem is that Internet tribalism has driven this thing every step of the way. It’s not unreasonable to assume that people who might actually read the finished book would be more likely to be willing to pay for one month of DCUI and that generally, people unwilling to pay probably already know who they’re voting for without reading the preview.

5 Likes

There are books that rotate in and out of a library that’s free to all, and I agree that the previews should be in that library right now.

4 Likes

You should just because it’s good, but based on the previews I’d say you’re on the right side.

3 Likes

Or just Kon-tent.

6 Likes

You lay out a compelling case, though the fact that comics, especially miniseries, are barely profitable makes me think that if anyone’s cheating—which I’m still not convinced of—it would be voters rather than the organizers.

5 Likes

I can’t speak to what the vote was at the end of that day, but right now Superboy still has a pretty commanding lead.

5 Likes

If it helps contextualize some of that earlier commentary for you, Superboy had 75-80% of the vote for all of Tuesday, and then Wenesday morning began steadily dropping 1-2% per hour. By Wednesday night Superboy was down to about 60%, and on Thursday evening just before they discovered the fraudulent votes, SSD had pulled ahead with 51%.

A number of us were very suspicious of Superboy losing such a huge lead and how steadily and consistently SSD was catching up, so there was a lot of upset about it until the mods were able to find and delete the fraudulent votes. When they corrected things Superboy jumped back up to 68% and now does seem to be holding a pretty solid lead, although the bots have been keeping at it lol.

10 Likes

They were just off the top of my head titles, trying to figure out equivalents to Urban Legends. :wink:

5 Likes

I would just like to say thank you to the mods for listening to us and handling this situation with so much patience and grace, and staying on top of the issue as it reoccurs. You’ve restored a lot of my faith in this event and DC as a whole. Your work is very much appreciated and you have my immense gratitude.

14 Likes