DC Round Robin 2022: The Final Face-Off! Voting is CLOSED

Sad to hear there was foul play with the voting but glad it was caught and corrected. As a ‘Suicide Squad Dark’ supporter I was optimistic it would win when I saw it take the lead but alas, it’s not to be.

Here’s hoping ‘Superboy: The Man of Tomorrow’ is a great book and becomes an instant classic.

Oh, and don’t think I didn’t notice this on the cover of ‘Superboy: The Man of Tomorrow’.
Screenshot 05-14-2022 12.24.37

:batman_hv_2:

There are no mistakes in art so… :eyes:

11 Likes

You’ve got an eagle eye! :mag_right:

8 Likes

Reign of the Supermen, a animated movie, that was put out after they released a animated version of the death of superman movie also

7 Likes

Okay. Is the site buggy for anyone? I can’t log in on my desktop and I’m wondering if that’s some kind of side effect to this poll and the modding being done.

5 Likes

I’m still confused because voting here doesn’t mean they’ll buy it any more than any of the other sites and now they’re effectively cutting out two voting groups.

I could at least understand if it was only here the entire time.

5 Likes

Yeah me neither tbh. Kid Jon was cute… and that’s about it. He didn’t grow, he didn’t do anything all that worthwhile… he was kinda just… there… playing off Damian because baby Superman. He didn’t add anything to the stories. He didn’t even really help Damian evolve as a person. Damian didn’t become more friendly towards people he became more friendly towards Jon which doesn’t solve the humanization issue that Damian needs… it just kinda made Jon an enabler because he never challenged Damian…

5 Likes

The contest has as one of its major goals getting people to sign up for this service - so having the contest available on very wide platforms in the first three rounds, and then making it exclusive to DCUI for the final round is a big incentive for people signing up. Same with making the preview pages exclusive to the subscription - incentivize people subscribing.

7 Likes

Twitter and Instagram both have algorithms that send posts to people who normally wouldn’t involve themselves, so they actively engage people who aren’t going to buy comics, skewing the numbers. DC Universe doesn’t have an algorithm, and most people here are comic readers anyway, so there’s actually a much higher chance that people with an account here are going to buy comics than people on Twitter or Instagram polls.

7 Likes

I highly disagree like I’ve said before. I certainly think that’s the logic DC used but there’s literally nothing stopping folks from just registering an account here and voting regardless without buying a subscription etc. I mean I’m barely active here at all because I don’t see the point of talking here largely, I’m active on Twitter.

Part of me is honestly wondering how many deleted votes were just people who registered for the first time to vote which seems to be what DC wants.

I’d honestly argue that anyone on the site who probably has a membership is about as likely to /not/ actively be buying comics than they are to given that’s literally the DCU model, allowing us all to eventually get whatever book for relative freeness.

7 Likes

It’s probably a more complex check than that, like checking to see how many new accounts were registered at the same IP address, or with details that weren’t legitimate or fit some kind of bot generated algorithm, or something like that. Someone who knows computers more than I do could probably more clearly explain how fraudulent bots are identified.

6 Likes

At least we got confirmation this time that the creatives were paid for their pitches, so it no more playing with their livelihood than the reality of unsuccessful books or creative teams being cancelled or replaced.

7 Likes

Well you deserve a raise for putting up with this. And good benefits! I’m talking medical, dental and vision.

7 Likes

I’d bet money it would have been Constantine.

4 Likes

In fairness, it’s kind of hard to argue for the more convoluted options over the simpler one. Occam’s Razor. Though I agree, adoption shouldn’t be viewed the same way as the other options, and Chris absolutely deserves more recognition than he gets. And I say that as someone who actually likes Jon.

5 Likes

So which one are we not counting? Granted, I never liked the T-Shirt and Jeans look largely because it was so bland that it actually seemed like an attempt to make him more bland overnight, but it’s the look that made it to Young Justice and Titans, so it’s arguably his most iconic look.

4 Likes

Yes please! Or what about a monthly ensemble book?

Assuming Superboy wins this vote (which looks likely), it looks like part of where it would leave him is increasingly separate from the rest of the Super family.

Of course, part of what makes them so super is that they care so deeply about people that they clearly don’t mean to be ostracizing him. If confronted with it, they’d feel bad enough about it to try and reconcile their attitudes with their behavior.

So some kind of threat that forces any number of them to team up with Connor and confront that unpleasant truth about themselves sounds like great character drama, especially if it picks up after this story, which will presumably see Connor making some peace with his role in the family, so that the Super family is motivated to do better by judging themselves instead of by feeling judged by Connor.

6 Likes

Yes, it was definitely poor planning to schedule the final during the most recognizable mod’s vacation, because you very much deserve to be as unplugged as you want to be right now.

6 Likes

Thanks. Makes sense.

4 Likes

So now that we know admins can miss cheating… are we going to address the shady way SSD beat Constantine? Because I still don’t buy that.

7 Likes

Pretty sure that was because of Instagram, which I don’t believe the mods here have any control over. Constantine did beat SSD on this platform, which, considering how much love I’ve seen for that pitch in this thread, I assume means there wasn’t any cheating here.

5 Likes