DC Round Robin 2022: Round 3 Voting is CLOSED!

I don’t doubt that Vampire Batman isn’t the focus of the book, but sadly that doesn’t change the likelihood that between him being in it and the Squad’s mainstream popularity, an SSD win would probably be powered by people who’ve never read a comic in their life and wouldn’t even read this

It’s also a shame to see that people are apparently going after creative teams when they really have nothing to do w/ the problems of the tournament format. I’m all for expressing those issues, especially since I still have a lot myself, but it’s the higher ups at DC making these decisions. Anyone going after writers and artists over this is severely misguided

8 Likes

Also, while we’re waiting, here’s a cool interview with one of the editors involved with the contest, Katie Kubert:

7 Likes

Glad Spurrier cleared that up - I assumed they were paying for the pitches, but it’s nice to get it in black and white.

8 Likes

Voting for my boy Constantine. I had no idea he would go this far. I personally think they should make the last 4 titles. I really want Constantine’s to get made cause I love John and Etrigan. I agree with the others enough Batman Centric titles. The only reason id read SSD is because Zatanna is in it.

8 Likes

:sob:

5 Likes

Welcome to the community!

I’m glad to see someone agrees with me. I’m sure Wallace will get his day in the spotlight eventually! I really did want to see what Reverse Flash Parallax would look like though.

7 Likes

I mean, don’t all of the books in the final four have a bit of mainstream popularity associated with them?

Constantine has been in several movies and TV shows, animated and live action, including having a big name actor in Keanu Reeves playing him.

Not only is Green Lantern a big name, but so is John Stewart, thanks to the Justice League animated series.

Superboy is in two very popular and still running shows in Young Justice and Titans.

5 Likes

True, but none of that fully compares to the multiple big-screen movies Suicide Squad has had, mainly in the last decade, which isn’t the case for any of the other characters. Plus there’s also the fact that the Squad has 3 current books rn, so there’s the issue of overexposure. And again, just having Batman in the mix increases that mainstream, casual appeal even more

6 Likes

I still think we should bring back Wildcat for the final two. I don’t care if it lost.

4 Likes

I would definitely not mind, but it wouldn’t be fair. :frowning:

5 Likes

But…we’re still on for karaoke at the next Fan Event, right? :wink:

#Iremember

5 Likes

Fair? What of any of this is fair? Most of the good books were wiped out first round.

(I want to clarify that I’m mostly joking around, don’t want to start a fight)

5 Likes

Dang, my no.1, the hawks didn’t make it.

Looks like I’m team GL now

4 Likes

I gotta go for Constantine and Superboy. They happen to be two of my favorites, and I don’t have to choose … yet.

7 Likes

honestly, i would be interested to read any of these besides ssd. really burnt out on suicide squad content in general.

also, just saying, i would still absolutely pay money for the wildcat and alan scott stories if y’all ever decide to let those see the light of day anyway.

8 Likes

Same here. I’m glad they’ve gotten more attention in the last few years, but this overexposure is definitely the downside to all that

5 Likes

yeah, there are certain things that we get inundated with that i could take or leave normally, but really hate to see in this. they just dominate brackets based on brand recognition alone while less well known characters get shoved to the wayside.

7 Likes

Agreed. I don’t hate suicide squad but I just want something new and different. Yet another suicide squad book just doesn’t fit that bill.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @leonegri.60417, @benbrightman23.78558, @mikeudeh2008.67896, and @boywonderful and welcome back to the community @jadder09.8921! :partying_face: Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything.

6 Likes

I am here to vote against Suicide Squad Dark and nothing else

10 Likes