DC Round Robin 2022: Round 3 Voting is CLOSED!

It still makes no sense regarding Constantine how does winning 2 3rds of the polling places not push you into the finals. 2023 Round Robin make sure to say only Instagram Votes Matter.

2 Likes

It’s not a “how many platforms win” - it’s a “how many voters win”.

I don’t understand why this is so hard.

4 Likes

Yeah but whats the point in putting it on other platforms if the votes don’t count? Like either put it on here since its apparently where they want to drive traffic. Or put it on instagram and let a the bigger audience of people who will probably not buy what they vote for vote. There’s no reason to put it on multiple platforms when 2/3 of the votes don’t count.

2 Likes

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of “votes counting”.

Every single person’s vote counts exactly the same. The difference is that some are counted earlier, and you know how many of them there are.

And this idea that instagram people are less likely to buy what they vote for is a lot of very unkind assumptions I don’t think we should be making. I vote on instragram too, and I bought all of the Robins comics. Voting on Instagram and Twitter is free. No one is preventing you from voting there AND here, which makes your vote MORE powerful than someone who only votes on instagram.

I really think this “Us vs. Instagram” attitude is hurting those who are thinking of themselves as the “Us” - we are all fans, and we should all just vote and advocate for what we want to read. Is it sad when we don’t win? Yes! I am sad that Black Canary and Hawkman and Hawkwoman and Wildcat aren’t getting more. But I’m very happy to see that Hawkman will get 6 pages of fun story - way more than we got last year for the pitches we loved and didn’t win (Nightrunner, my love!)

5 Likes

SS lost by 20% here and 15% on twitter. It won on instagram by 10%. So instagram matters 25% more than the other two platforms. Thats not a small amount and its clearly a large enough amount that there is 0 reason to post the polls on other platforms.

What is the point of posting it on other platforms if their vote doesn’t count? They know instagram is larger than both Twitter and here by around 25%. So what is the point? You said before they want to drive people onto this site. Ok then host the vote ONLY on here and advertise the hell out of it on Twitter and Instagram. Ok so what if they want the poll to only be seen by the most amount of eyes as possible? Then post it only on Instagram.

There is 0 point to this being split between sites.

2 Likes

Why does “instagram” matter more? Because more people vote there. You too can vote there.

And the vote does count. You just seem to be arguing that unless the vote goes the way you want it to go, it doesn’t.

I’ve already answered your “solution” of only voting here. Won’t happen, and is absolutely counterproductive to the purpose of the context, which is marketing the DCUI service.

There is 0 point to your claim that “instagram is the only place that matters.” Vote there. Vote here. Talk about what you’re excited about. But treating “instagram” as your enemy only hurts you.

3 Likes

I did vote on all 3. It’s not about who wins its about making part community feel useless because they are doing this in the stupidest way possible.

If it doesn’t work to only vote here then why not only put it on instagram where the most people vote? What is the point in splitting it up between 3 sites when one site has enough people to completely stomp out the other 2? There is no point voting on here or twitter when the instagram has a 25% bigger audience.

Just put it on Instagram and let the largest amount of eyes make the vote.

2 Likes

I’m done responding to this, because you’re just repeating things I’ve already answered.

3 Likes

I just wanted to know how splitting the vote on platform who don’t have any power is a good move. Driving empty engagement doesn’t out way actively upsetting fans.

2 Likes

But you’re also here on DCUI, unlike a ton of people voting on IG. What I and so many people are taking issue w/ are the people who only vote on IG being so ridiculously numerous that they’re skewing the entire tournament. It’s frustrating not knowing the voting totals on socials and thus not being able to make exact arguments, but the fact that SSD lost both here and on Twitter but won overall is pretty solid proof that IG voters outnumber the other 2 platforms by a ridiculous amount

2 Likes

I do get a lot of your frustrations w/ the impact IG votes are having on the tournament, but I do still think it’s best to have voting on all 3 platforms. I’m not sure it’s enough to just tell people about it and assume they’ll come here to vote. People would, but probably not as much as DC would want. But involving them in the process is more likely to make them invested. Sure, plenty of people will still mindlessly vote w/out actually taking in what the tournament really is, but increasing the number of people who are actually interested is still worth it

That said, I still maintain that the votes need to be counted differently. Maybe something like every Twitter vote counts for 2 and every DCUI vote counts for 3, or Twitter counts for 3 and DCUI counts for 5. We’d need to know the specific number of votes cast across socials to know for sure what’d be the best ratio, but implementing a change like that would still allow DC to get maximum engagement w/out making users on platforms outside IG, especially here, feel like their votes are being wasted

2 Likes

Bro, it’s not worth arguing anymore. Move on

3 Likes

Maybe not to you, but it is to me

2 Likes

You could literally be doing anything else. They aren’t going to change their mind. We tried. If SSD wins, we protest by not buying. It’s all we can do at this point

2 Likes

Don’t forget we’re all just DC fans. We just want to read good stories

4 Likes

Did the same thing w/ Robins, and yet the safe pick is on the verge of winning yet again. I get that sales speak loudest, but it’s not the only way to make our issues w/ the tournament known

2 Likes

They aren’t going to change it within this one. I’m sure DC will keep in mind the Instagram controversy and do what they feel is best. We are not DC. We do not decide what DC does. They’re getting a new president soon, so it can be better soon. We’ll find out eventually. Until then all we can do is hold on.

2 Likes

Round 4 will be taking place sometime towards mid-late May! No specific date as of yet, but we’ll keep y’all updated. :+1:

10 Likes

I was just about to ask, Thankyou for letting us know.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

UPDATE!

Looks like 5/10 will be the next day to vote, which is also when the second issue of the Round Robin sneak-peek comic hits DCUI!

Make sure to read the comic, which will feature a preview of the first 10 pages of each finalist title, and run back here to cast your final votes! :fist:

7 Likes