DC Pride Book Club | Nº15 | The Hellblazer ('16) Rebirth #1-6 | October

Are you a fan of the Constantine/Swamp Thing dynamic?

I very much am. I feel like they have a certain understanding of one another—one that’s just between them—that just makes their dynamic so interesting.

How are you feeling about Chas?

I like him! He doesn’t take any nonsense from Constantine, but he obviously cares about him. They’ve got a good friendship. (It makes me think about DCeased: A Good Day to Die because I didn’t know Chas back when I read it! Now I do and thinking about that scene in DCeased makes me extra sad :pleading_face:)

Are you enjoying the art?

I definitely am! At first I thought it was a little wonky, but as I kept reading, it grew on me! I feel like it captures the feeling of this story perfectly.

What are some of your favorite scary movies?

The Craft and Trick 'r Treat are two of my favorites! I’m gonna go ahead and say Halloweentown and Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island are also on my list even though they’re not scary at all (but they’re Halloween movies so I’m counting them)!

Which character(s) are your favorite so far?

I’m really liking everyone quite a lot, but I’ll say Mercury this time around since this is my first time seeing her character in anything! (Is this her first appearance?) She’s so cool and I love how we’re slowly learning more about her and seeing a little more of her powers as the story progresses.

Have you been enjoying the Halloween events around the community?

Halloween is over now, but the events here in the community were so much fun, especially the scavenger hunt! It kept me in the spooky spirit which was a little harder to keep up this year, so I really appreciate the efforts that were put into celebrating Halloween here!

What did you think about the last part of ‘The Poison Truth’?

Super interesting! We found out a whole lot about those mystery brothers including that they’re actually Djinn! I was not expecting that at all tbh, so I’m excited to see more of the Djinn! Also, I can’t wait to see what happens when Marid finds out Adnan escaped that other dimension…

Abby is still missing though, Swamp Thing is still healing, and it seems like Marid’s plans are getting more and more likely to succeed, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens! I’m excited to keep reading!

2 Likes