DC Please Reprint These

This is a thread where we can request reprints of comics we like it may not do anything but it can’t hurt to try.
images

9 Likes

I’ll get us started DC please reprint 80s worlds finest comics

and War lord

8 Likes

Martian Manhunter (1988) by J.M. DeMatteis

It’s arguably one of the character’s most important storylines that redefined his amazing origins.

9 Likes

Yes martian man hunter could use some love
and I would also like to add DC it is in your best interest to reprint these books people are asking because they want to give you money and read your works the way they were meant to be read.

7 Likes

I don’t think DC will read this. DCUI Seems to be a separate entity.
However I still say that DC could make money by reprinting popular series on newsprint paper, using outside advertisements and sell them for like $2 an issue and people will buy those.

6 Likes

Maybe not but it never hurts to try. You never know who might be reading this right now.

I would take it but what I want is trades.

7 Likes

Oh.

6 Likes

A super boy reprint would be nice.

7 Likes

I would love to see Date with Judy get reprinted. A radio series that became a DC comics book that lasted 79 issues. The longest Teen comic involving a female protagonist at the time.

@mercurie80 got me interested in Teen humor genre. This would be a awesome throwback comic series.

7 Likes

I have never read it but it would be nice to have the option.

6 Likes

I would too! I don’t know who owns the rights to A Date with Judy now, but I have to think they would be agreeable to DC reprinting the comic book. Of course, it would be nice if DC reprinted a lot of their other teen humor titles too. Not to mention the Western and war titles. I love superheroes–it is my favorite comic book genre–but DC published so much more!

6 Likes

Could you post a cover of some of the ones you want to see? I’d like to look at them.

6 Likes

Here are some of the teen humor titles I would like to see reprinted.

This isn’t a teen humor title, but it is a lot of fun. It’d be nice if they reprinted all of Stanley and “Spot’s” early appearances in The Fox and the Crow

6 Likes

You mean like the Dollar Comics they ran from 1977-1983 and again in 2019-2021, but for twice the price?

While the original was really a price increase (with the removal of ads) in an effort to improve the perceived value of comics, the revival was really in line with other publishers efforts to lower the cost of entry for new readers. (Most titles were issue 1s or first appearances of characters or stories that had recently been adapted to other media.)

I think the trade idea that @storyteller91 floats is more likely to resonate with existing fans who want paper copies of their favorites. Or even reissued “special editions” like the upcoming Detective Comics 1000 hardcover edition or recent alternate ending to Batman 428.

This seems like as good a place as any to make sure that @Jurisdiction knows about the upcoming Hitman Omnibus hardcover scheduled for July…

Current practice is to regularly release TPBs X months after a story arc wraps, and periodically reprint the classics, but there’s a lot of stuff that’s less popular and hard to find in stores’ backissues. Collecting those - even in acknowledged “lost classics” format - would be magnificent.

Personally, I’m happy with just reading the stories and try to keep my physical collection confined to three longboxes and a handful of bookshelf hardcovers, so the print to digital request thread is my jam. That said, I feel like the non-capes titles @mercurie80 suggests are things the world needs reprinted; not just for existing fans, but to broaden the perspective of casual fans who see comics as just superheroes and fantasy titles. They stand to be a great gateway drug.

6 Likes

I have to agree. It would be helpful in getting new comic book readers. Not everyone is into superheroes, but they might actually want to read a teen humor, war, or Western comic book. For example, beyond a few characters like Batman and The Flash, my brother never got into superheroes, but he read a lot of war and Western comic books!

6 Likes

I ordered that thing the day it was available for preorder lol

6 Likes

Oh good. I was worried you might’ve missed it. :wink:

6 Likes

Basically. With inflation it doesn’t seem like that bad of a price. I was thinking like reprint Detective comics, Action Comics, Showcase, yada yada yada, and so on, in their entirety

5 Likes

I didn’t know about any of these. Thanks for showing them to me. @mercurie80

6 Likes

You’re welcome!

6 Likes