DC On Max: Official Watch Party Discussion!

Holy Mother of All Watch-Alongs, Batman!

To celebrate the upcoming premiere of The Flash, join us over at the official DC Twitter as we kick back with two ultimate Michael Keaton classics — Batman (1989) and Batman Returns!

When can you join the party?

We’ll be kicking off the Max Watch Parties with Batman (1989) on Tuesday, June 6th, at 6pm PT / 9pm ET. Then we’ll be back at it with Batman Returns the following Tuesday, June 13th, at the same Bat time, same Bat channel!

This party’s BYOB — Bring Your Own Batarang — so don’t forget to join us starting next week!

8 Likes

@DC89 We’re ahead of the curve. :partying_face:

7 Likes

We’re Big Timers now!

:smiley:

8 Likes

I think at this point it can be said without a doubt that Batman '89 is the most popular watch-along this year at the DC Community! :smile: :batman: :hearts:

7 Likes

You hosted one when it debuted on TCM, @DC89 and I are doing one tomorrow and now, DC on Max is as well.

Its quite the Prince of a movie.

SN: Two bucks and an '80s AMEX (“Don’t leave home without it.”) says that someone will do a 35th anniversary WAL for it next year as well.

6 Likes

That “someone” being all three of us. How 'bout it @mercurie80- you down with it?

5 Likes

Definitely! We’ll have to do a WAL for the 35th anniversary next year.

5 Likes

says the following via his best Knox impression

Uh, yeah, yeah, sure.

takes the file folder in front of him that’s marked “Project: 8935” and slides it into a secure spot, then turns around in his chair

I’m down for a three-host gig! :superman_hv_4: :muscle:t2: :partying_face:

:notes: We’re the three best WAL friends! :notes:

“Moving on.”

@Jitsu Will anybody at the DC on Max gig be highlighting merchandise for either film?

I know a guy who could help out, if needed. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Woot-woot!
p17551084_e_v13_aa

6 Likes

Don’t forget your official Warner Brothers ballcap.

“You can’t watch a Warner Brothers movie without an official Warner Brothers ballcap.”

5 Likes

:smile:

5 Likes

One of my favorite things about watching Batman on VHS.

SN: Batman likely contributed to my consumption of Diet Coke, too (the initials also helped).

5 Likes

Coming soon: Our weekly Batman '89 watch-along! (Plus the monthly Superman: The Movie viewing, of course.)

Hey! Don’t appropriate my byline! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

At least I don’t overcompensate with “You’re gonna need a long lens.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

#confidence

5 Likes

:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

7 Likes

Nice to see things expanding to Twitter!

It was also great seeing an actual click-through promotion of another DC Community activity in the DC Comics email newsletter this week for the first time that I recall!

6 Likes

In my opinion Michael Keaton will save the Flash movie, so having him in the movie was a smart move!
Would’ve also love to see Val Kilmer, but sadly he’s not in a good health to play Batman. As for Christian Bale…YES! That would be awesome to see, only if it was a cameo.:grinning:

4 Likes

This should be starting soon!! Right? Super excited for it.

4 Likes

Was a lot of fun and a different way to interact with the DC community. I definitely would recommend it if you have access to Batman Returns next week and twitter. I had a good time seeing other people’s thoughts and watching with that community. Thanks for letting us know this was happening. Can’t wait to watch Batman Returns next week!!!

3 Likes

Great movie i only caught batman returns watch party today as a matter of fact unfortunately i didnt know about the watch party for the other batman before so i caught it today just in time finished it great batman movie caught the twitter watch party today i wished i had of caught the watch party the other day with the Batman 89 but at least i caught this one it was fun

4 Likes