DC Movie Hot Takes

Welcome @cluis68.52641 & @walden.j.81580! Got any hot takes of your own?

1 Like

I, Liked the Green Lantern Live Action Movie!
I, Agree with You, It Wasn’t That Bad!
I, Also Liked the Cat Woman Movie with Halle Berry!

I, Watch Both Movies Over and Over, Again!
I Thought Ryan Ryenolds Was Good as Green Lantern!
I, Was Looking Forward Too A Green Lantern Sequel with Sinestro as the Villain!

2 Likes

Agreed, I’d even go as far to say that It’s the best live action Batman movie outside of the first two installments of the Dark Knight trilogy. I’ve been thinking of writing an analysis on it that I’m sure very few people would take seriously.

2 Likes

Agreed. The action sequences in the film are fantastic. :+1:

2 Likes

Bring it in!

:fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

I love Batman Forever! It’s absolutely my favorite of the Burton/ Schumacher quadrilogy.

Filmmaking-wise, my favorite of that group is Batman, but entertainment-wise, there’s no question (or riddle) that it’s Batman Forever.

1 Like

Agreed.

What did you like about it?

I, Liked the Fight Scenes In Cat Woman!
I, Liked When Cat Woman Attacked Her Neighbor and Stole His Motorcycle!
II, Loved When Cat Woman Jumped On the Walls and Attacked the Two Villains In the Jewelry Store!
That, Too Me Was Awesome!

1 Like

I, Loved the Movie Constantine!
I Was Always Hoping There Would Be A Sequel!

The Special Effects Were Great!
I Loved Seeing Constantine In Hell Surrounded By Demons!
Nice, Too See Constantine Go Head Too Head with Lucifer!

Constantine, In One of My Favorite Movies!
Great Action and Adventure!
I Watch Constantine Over and Over, Again!

1 Like

it doesn’t irk you that the two movies portray the characters differently than in the comics?

1 Like

In Response Too Vroom:

My Favorite of the Burton Schumacher Movies is, Of Course, Batman the Movie!
Jack Nicholson Was Great Too Cast as the Joker!
Michael Keaton Made A Great Batman!
I, Also Loved Batman Returns!
I, Agree with You Batman Forever and Batman and Robin Weren’t That Bad!
I Watch All Four Movies Over and Over, Again!

1 Like

That’s true fandom right there

1 Like

What do you mean by that?

What tropes?

Batman v Superman Ultimate cut was monumentus the second time I watched it from what I remember. So many small details included in the movie. It just showed how dark the heroes were because of knightmare universe.

2 Likes

The Dark Knight Rises lacks in engaging pacing and has a plot that is truly difficult to invest in from an emotional standpoint. Knightfall is eleven issues worth of complex storytelling and Nolan’s attempt tp pair it down into a two plus hour film truly falters in the end. For those of us familiar with the Knightfall saga, t’s easily one of the least entertaining B’Man movies OAT.

3 Likes

Not to mention combining it with “No Man’s Land”

2 Likes

Agreed. The mood of the script becomes depressing and uneventful when Nolan attempts to blend these fantastic comics storylines.

2 Likes

He should have done one or the other; not both

2 Likes

Agreed.

2 Likes

Also, I never got why he wanted to make them be so realistic

1 Like

I hadn’t really considered this, but maybe it’s a good thing I haven’t actually read Knightfall, or No Man’s Land for that matter. I know both stories are classics, but they’re also wayyyyyy too long for me to possibly get into. I actually appreciate how the movie took elements of those stories and not only made them more easily digestible, but also combined these different parts to make something new, which is what any good adaptation should do. It’s 1 of many reasons I still maintain that Rises is my absolute favorite DC movie

2 Likes