DC Movie Hot Takes

I like that version as well

Do you mean from the 60’s or '89?

1 Like

Batman the Movie is 66.

Batman is 89.

2 Likes

Thank you, mild disagreement; I wouldn’t say ‘vastly better’ but I find it more entertaining

1 Like

Nickelson, Hamill, Ledger, or Phoenix, Monaghan from Gotham?

1 Like

Markhamill.

2 Likes

combine the first 3 and the last but nix Phoenix; use some of Monaghan as well

1 Like

Aquaman: Throne of Atlantis is one of my fave animated features!
It reveals a lot about his awesome powers!
aquaman
I did a little write-up about it (I hope it’s okay to share it here):

2 Likes

I dig Batman Forever. Yes, I know that the costumed nips and butts is kinda’ cringe, but once you get past those you’ve got a fun-to-watch B’Man movie with solid production values and engaging performances from (most of) the cast. :smiley: :batman:

5 Likes

Bats have nipples.

Men have nipples.

The batnipples make perfect sense.

At least as much sense as all the machine gun bullets I dodge.

2 Likes

:laughing:

Plus- I notice you like to shoot up doors with machine-gun bullets as well

Doors, bad guys, semi-trailers, bad guys at chemical factories - pretty much anything. Not that I’m complaining, mind you. Just an observation. :laughing:

4 Likes

Thoughts on B&R?

1 Like

It’s just a fun goof. A big budget Bat-Romp not meant to be taken seriously. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m not really enthused with a certain element of the film’s plot

Btgirlburton

but after the super fun B&R WAL that Queen @Razzzcat and Mighty @Mae hosted a few months back I’ve learned to appreciate the campy fun of the movie, especially Schwarzenegger’s take on Victor Fries. :smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

I wasn’t too thrilled with making Bane dumb and altering Barbara

1 Like

Agreed. Plus keeping BG as Jim Gordon’s daughter would’ve given Pat Hingle more screen time in the franchise, an aspect of his performance that I think was sorely missed.

1 Like

I don’t think they completely did Gordon right in any of the four except in personality

1 Like

Hingle was never given any time to develop the character. His resume is amazing (loved him as Bobo in The Grifters), and to not allow an engaging screen presence like his to get more time in front of the lens is kinda’ shortsighted on the part of the writers.

1 Like

He also did well in an ep of “Murder She Wrote”

1 Like

He is also the narrator of The Land Before Time.

1 Like

True

1 Like

Totally agree

1 Like