DC History Club: Primate Peril, Gorillas, Monkeys and Chimps, Oh My?!

I will have to respond to each and every cover, but Gorillas + Space = :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Strange Adventures 45: Gorillas hooked on tobacco

Strange Adventures 55: Nice dresser

Strange Adventures 64: The space race, USA vs USSR vs Gorillas

Strange Adventures 69: Whenever you do a gorilla comic must decide do they stand straight up or are the bowlegged? Human hips and thigh bones tilt inward so our feet are under our center of gravity. Gorillas’ center of gravity is higher and their legs bowed because they are primarily quadripeds. Or something like that.

Strange Adventures 100 & 239: Second best thing to gorillas in space is gorillas in court

Strange Adventures 106 & 188: The old humans as pets trope. We’re not pets we’re people!

Strange Adventures 117: Dude stole the gorilla’s ideas! I’m on the gorilla’s side this time

Strange Adventures 125: Flying gorilla, they don’t mention also a giant

Strange Adventures 186: Gorilla Witch, brilliant

House of Secrets 14: I see a game show quiz scandal

Tales of the Unexpected 2: I’m calling BS on this one. Even if it’s the same person, his hands have changed his handwriting would change

Tales of the Unexpected: Beast Boy!

Sea Devils: Not even sure what I’m looking at

6 Likes

Okay was searching for a romance comic with a gorilla (there has to be one) to drop on the House of Horror cuz they’re asking for it when I stumbled across this.

DC recycling Gorillas like they’re plastic bottles. And once again, a woman goes from ginger to blonde. Did DC send out a memo?

7 Likes

Not a gorilla

5 Likes

“Run away!”

5 Likes

Primate facts

Time for a little science
Like how chimps are strong enough to rip people’s face off.

5 Likes

Primate Facts More:
South American Monkeys
-Only monkeys with prehensile tail
-Arrived in today’s Argentina riding the surf 100 millions years after separation from Africa

4 Likes

You think you know how deep the gorilla conspiracy goes, then you find this

4 Likes

And then I realize that primates includes extinct species too like austorhungerianavus and Neanderthals

4 Likes

I have come to muster the Chimp Army! :monkey_face:

Also I just realized there is no chimp emoji, a monkey will have to do.

5 Likes

You’ve been laying low

3 Likes

Sadly there are only four chimpanzees I know in the DC Universe.

1. Me
  2. Titanno
  3. Marvin the Chimpanzee
  4. Mr Stubbs

Kind of a small army

3 Likes

Wait a minute, two of those are not on our wanted…I mean character list.

2 Likes

So Gnarrk from Teen Titans belongs here

Last seen in.Titans Hunt

5 Likes

My have to put it up for a vote

3 Likes

You will need to fast forward to around 16:30 in the video but there is definitely a treat to be found.

3 Likes

Why is that Chimp crying?

3 Likes

5 Likes

My Dear Historians,
DC Comics has been holding out on us. In a search for further ape evidence, I came across this nugget of info.
L of A

Posted by DC on April 1st, the same day we warned you of the primate peril. Coincidence? Hacking bots into the History Club planning session? Witchcraft? I know I’m eliminating coincidence right of the bat, that’s just not believable. We’re going to get to the bottom of this.

PS this was on Facebook, as a dedicated FriendFace user I’m not on FB. If someone is and if there’s a fuller image, please post.

5 Likes

They had it on Tweeter too!

With this cringe worthy post

We will not tolerate any monkey business on Ape-ril Fools’ Day

5 Likes