DC History Club: DC Comics Toys, Games and Collectibles Through The Years - w/ quiz

Finished clearing a ton of junk out of the basement and organizing it, more useful now. And, in just the past week found this bag to be unveiled this week.

3 Likes

In Target today doing a little shopping and saw this Wonder Woman board game. Looks amazing.

The game board is well-crafted, with design playing homage to classic Wonder Woman comics. The game was designed by Prospero Hall, a collaborative game design studio based in Seattle, who are known for The Home Alone Game , Funkoverse , and Kero . The cover art of the game is by comic book artist Jenny Frison, who has created a number of covers for Wonder Woman comics

The game includes five miniatures of Diana, Philippus, Mala, Nu’bia and Artemis as well as three well-known foes: Ares, Circe, and The Cheetah.

Info from

7 Likes

I’ve been tempted to buy that at Target, but Spin Master and Todd McFarlane (along with Mattel on occasion) have told me to hold off.

4 Likes

Still have my copies of the 1st and 2nd edition! well designed game!

4 Likes

I’ve been eyeing this Wonder woman game for a while. From the same folks that made the Horrified! game which I do have and play all the time.

May have to get it.

4 Likes

Love the look of that game, someone from here needs to give us a reporting how they liked it etc

3 Likes

Ah super powers ! I have a box of these still. Loved the little mini-comics that came with them.

4 Likes

So what was the first DC Comics action figure? Say hello to this gem from 1940! This wood jointed and composition Superman doll, sold by the Ideal Novelty and Toy Company in 1940 is not only the first Superman figure, but it’s also the very first superhero action figure ever produced.

The figure is 13" tall, with a composition head and upper body, and wooden arms, legs, and midsection. According to Harry Matetsky’s book Adventures in Superman Collecting , the Ideal Superman doll originally sold for 94¢.

This figure did come with a cape, but it is missing in this image.

This goes for about $800 to $2000 now…

6 Likes

Let me say something ridiculous, that’s not a bad price. And the figure is amazing, so completely Golden Age

4 Likes

My brother finds me an action figure every year for my birthday. In 2006 I’m pretty sure he bought every Superman Returns action figure the store had! That was a great birthday :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I did the same thing in 2006. Your brother is a good dude.

5 Likes

Letting your family call you a nerd for liking comics is all worth it once your birthday comes around. Let’s just say I’m easy to shop for :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Action Figure Research Wikis

@msgtvhohoho
Added some commercials
For
Captain Action
Mego
Kenner Super Powers
Total Justice
To first
Action Figure Wiki
Right after intro

Plus
I added
some toy lines
To second
Action Figure wiki

3 Likes

By the time
Action Figures were popular
I was too old to play with them

Earlier
I had some
soldier and fireman
Plastic toys
That I painted
To be DC and Marvel characters
I used clay to add the capes
As well as
breasts and hair for some
Poor fireman
I made as Wonder Woman

In the 1970s
When Mego came out
I was already in my 20s
And no longer had
The imagination.to play

I bought them anyway

They are in a closet
That I cant get to now
Because I use a walker
And cant access things easily
Without danger of falling

I felt great nostalgia
Watching the videos for that line.

I never understood
Why their costumes were removeable
It made them seem like dolls

But I liked very much
That both.DC and Marvel
Characters were available

In general
The Marvel characters
Seemed better than the DC ones

I also bought
Kenner Super Powers

When I pulled on Hawkman
His wings flapped

I had Dr Fate too

Green Lantern had a lantern

They seemed to be better toys
Than Mego

I recognize
Kyle Rayner
In Total Justice
So I had bought that line too

My old bedroom
Was a mess
With.Justice League Unlimited
Figures everywhere
Three years ago
My sister forced me
To give them
All to the Super’s kids
Because I was not a child
Anymore
And she didn’t want
To clean the place up
When I died.

I miss them
But there was so many of them
It is much easier
To treasure something
When there are
Fewer items
And they are complete

In the past months
I have received two packages
From DCU
And now have
5 of the 7 Justice League
Animated Series members

I treasure them

Next week
I will talk
About
The Warner Brothers Store
Super Hero Bean Bag Plush

I smiled when
I found them and
Took them out of the bag
And I have
The original 7 JLA menbers
That I read so long ago
In the 1960s
When I actually was a kid.

6 Likes

Every single game on here has looked amazing to me. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Basement treasures uncovered. When my daughter was young, we played superheroes with this mini action figures

Here’s a mix of figures from different lines. Of course, we grabbed any girl hero we could find, and they weren’t always easy to find.

I have the Superboy that matches this line in my office, didn’t know we still had these

7 Likes

Those are great! What a terrific find. I like how diverse this line was with it’s figures, cool that they have The JSA characters.

5 Likes

I think we were just grabbing whatever the comic book store on King St in Alexandria VA had. I think this was wave 2.

5 Likes

Hey Turok, if ya ever open them JLU figures I challenge you to a Pose Off! I remember checking out reviews prior to buying them and they all commented on how difficult they were to pose, which they are but I’m a master poser!

Supes playing the air guitar

Man that guy can thrash!

:laughing:

7 Likes

Those are pretty cool! and like @discordia57 said that’s awesome they had JSA members in that line.

4 Likes