DC History Club: DC Comics Toys, Games and Collectibles Through The Years - w/ quiz

2 Likes

First, didn’t even think to search DCU for this month. And that’s a great article, need to drop it in research wiki if you haven’t.

4 Likes

There is also a series that I fear will disappear forever once DCU is gone where they played that DC RPG. It is worth watching as it is a lot more fun than I expected it to be.

4 Likes

So, had little interest in that show but thought ‘what the heck?” I loved that show. Made me want to play and the cast did such a good job of playing and making the story interesting. HBOMAX has a craft show, I’d suggest the pick this show up. It’s inexpensive and engaging.

4 Likes

I have plans to play DC Funkoverse this weekend so I will be taking pictures of the board and game pieces as well as the first expansion. I have been strongly hinted that I will be getting the Wonder Woman expansion for Christmas or my birthday.

4 Likes

Kindle
Has Watchmen Companiom
An RPG
Based on the Mayfair system
Set in 1966
When the second Nite Owl
Was just beginning

You can download
a sample for free

See stats for the characters

Whole book is 29.99
15% off
If have and use
Comixology Unlimited instead

5 Likes

Cool, give us a first hand report on the game

4 Likes

Dc funkoverse

6 Likes

DC Board Game 1991: Swamp Thing Battle for the Bayou
A Swamp Thing fan site has a nice short article describing The Swamp Thing board game that was released in connection with the animated series

“Players take turns advancing their game pieces, utilizing “Swamp Thing” and “Hero Card” cards as they make their way toward the evil Anton Arcane. The first player to reach Arcane, and defeat him, wins!”

f95655d4-9c2b-42b4-aaf1-98ef56f8ab8c
85d2fb45-6a7e-47dd-a193-0313a9a1a274

7 Likes

I’m not a big board game fan, but that is cool! I love Swampy and this looks like fun. It is definitely unique, I’m sure my friends would get a kick out of it, something they’d never expect at a game night.

4 Likes

I had seen the cover before, but this first I’ve seen of the board think it could be a fun night.

2 Likes

I bought the game waaaay back in the day. I used to pour over the artwork and stats and read through the books, but I didn’t really understand what an RPG was. It was great to have, just never played, plus I only had one other friend that would possibly be into an RPG, so it really wasn’t in the cards for me to play the game lol.

4 Likes

Thanks

Like you
I.loved the stats.

As a statistics major
I enjoyed how
They created the attributes
By using doubling
the previous value
So
1 2 3 4 5 6
Was really
1 2 4 8 16 32

It allowed
Jimmy Olsen to have a strength of 2
And Superman to have
A strength of 50
Where 50 is a zillion times
Stronger
And still a relatively small number

4 Likes

Getting someone else who thinks this is as cool as it really is, that’s the problem.

3 Likes

Chess Sets
You cannot talk board games without mentioning chess sets. To me, this is the height of chess sets, this should be used in Grand Master Championship games with two Russians staring at each other for hours.

Even better, if paying nearly $500 for that set (when it’s not sold out) isn’t enough you can buy special pieces.

And knowing how comic fans love to collect, the choices for pieces goes on and on. And they look great.
c7ae0d7fb19d64d82bf26476e14552a3

This set is produced by Eagle Moss

4 Likes

An older set, that can be had for about $150 dollars pits Gotham City against the universe apparently.

I do find it amusing the Kyle Rayner is a pawn on the same level as a GCPD beat cop.

United Labels Comicware DC Super Heroes 3D Chess game.

4 Likes

Further down the price scale for about $70 is this 2004 Pressmen DC Comics Justice League Chess set.

While the quality of the pieces is lower, the animated style gives them a nice charm.

3 Likes

DC vs Marvel, they have that too with this mini pieces game set for around $50

Unfortunately for me, the box is the coolest thing about this set.

3 Likes

If you want Stats on
Any DC Character
And many Marvel Characters
For Mayfair
DC Superheroes RPG

Here is a database

3 Likes

This is very cool. Went in clicked Bethany Snow Channel 52 anchor. Any database with her is very complete and I had no idea she was a member of Brother Bloods cult.

3 Likes