DC Grails & Missing Pieces

I have been picking up WW figures online and found some good deals and now I am actually at the point where I have picked up just about all of my figure grails/missing pieces.

That’s not to say that that might not change in the future, and I am referring to things within my price range. For example, my local comic shop has this at $275 and that’s just not gonna happen:

IMG_5604

Apart from that, I’m just going to focus on new releases and things I might happen to run into at comic shops. I went a little nuts there for a while and it’s time to take it easy.

7 Likes

RBerry
Big ups to @Razzberry823 for their super fun and cool DCUI username. :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

This is very nice @SteveTrevor2.0. :+1: I hope you’re able to add it to your super spiffy collection room for a reasonable price.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out the best way to display the Conner Kent from this line - which is without the base, as far as I can determine, even if I had the shelf space - which at this precise moment, I do not, even as I am bidding on three more actual statutes versus plastic (and expecting delivery by the weekend of a small cold cast porcelain bust).

Did you figure out how you are displaying them and, BTW, which is the thread that has your figures again? I tried to find it, to see what you have that I want and don’t have - without any luck.

I did not know this existed.

I don’t know that I actually want it, I think I would prefer - since I’ve actually been thinking I want some version of Cap’s shield in some format, somewhere, although I could care less about Mew Mew, it’s a classic bit of imagery save I’m not fond of Clark’s face here (even if it is ‘comic accurate’ - that just clearly means Accurate Comic IS Wrong):

I think I’d rather put this together as a diorama. But I’m glad it exists. Not $2K glad, but glad nonetheless.

I came across it looking at Koto/ArtFX statutes and trying to decide which one to shoot for next at stupid cheap pricing attempts, when I realized that someone, somewhere had made life sized versions of the New 52 Koto Superbro. So those aren’t new grail additions.

EDIT: I thought I had previously posted the Superman Departure from Krypton cold cast porcelin from DC Direct in this thread, but apparently not.

So my new grail, that I will likely never own Because Kate Bosworth is yet again, another Superman Returns (Brandon Routh) statute, which I would only buy if it fell into my near vision at stupid dirt cheap prices.

6 Likes

Haven’t updated in a while, but here you go:

As for the JLA stuff, here’s how I arranged it:

7 Likes

There’s a lot of custom stuff like that, and statues made by boutique sellers that only make 40 or 50 of a given piece. Not sure if they pay licensing fees to DC and prices are usually mortgage payments. It’s cool stuff, but not something I care to indulge in.

That other statue is made by DC Direct in their early days I believe, “Arrival in Smallville” or some such. I think they made a similar Kara piece with her coming out of a rocket and Supes greeting her.

6 Likes

Great arrangement and awesome collection!

8 Likes

Thank you :pray:

5 Likes

@moro 's collection displays are tops!

…which is why he needs another room :joy:

6 Likes

Thanks, Moth!

I am fully committed to making all new pieces fit in the current space.

“Hoarders” will probably reach out to me at some point :joy:

5 Likes

As long as you can still use your furniture and have access to all power sockets then you’re fine!

5 Likes

Yes, I know. The Kara one is one of my “Grails” that I hope to see for a dirt cheap price at some point or for MTS to redo it, even if it’s resin or PVC versus cold cast porcelain.

I actually had the chance to bid on an Arrival in Smallville where the hat was damaged but it was ‘clean enough’ that superglue could potentially repair it - but I am not as fond of how Martha and Eben look in that image, versus how Jor and Lara look in the one I posted, and I see that I did not post it before, so I will need to edit that and blurb it a bit.

The JLA stuff looks good, I noticed you had to stagger them to deal with the wide stance issue, which to me, I don’t understand why they made an entire line of toys that stay in that static stance. Once I decided to go for the Superman Red and Blue, I knew I had to pay for the DC Universe versions because these just wouldn’t do.

The most amusing thing to me to find on eBay was the life sized versions of the Superman Red and Blue statutes!

5 Likes

Thanks. Yeah, they take up a bit more shelf space than their size indicates, especially if you want to use the enclosed stands. I’m actually a bit fond of the preposed nature, but I know I’m in the minority there :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

This is fantastic!

6 Likes

Very spiffy as always @moro. :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks @DC89 :smiley:

5 Likes

dd0

(I didn’t need those outlets anyway!). :laughing:

7 Likes

:joy:

5 Likes