DC Full (Maybe) Encyclopedia

Hi everyone! On the last Office Hours, I told @CKComics-Rebel-2ndinCommand that I would make a DC encyclopedia. Only issue: I don’t have enough time, nor do I have enough knowledge! So, I thought Hey! Why don’t I make this a fun-community-fun-time-encyclopedia-thing-extravaganza-DC-facts-page-type-thing?! So here we are! Any facts you think are missing, just add 'em! Unless you don’t want to; then, just tell me to— I’ll get to it… eventually!

Now, @CKComics-Rebel-2ndinCommand gave us a bit of guidelines in his initial request. We should have storylines, characters, locations, and more!

I’m gonna start tomorrow, but if you want to start tonight, feel free!

8 Likes

Codename: Batman
Other Names: Dark Knight, Caped Crusader, Worlds Greatest Detective, The Bat, and more.
Group Affiliations: Justice League, Batman Family, The Outsiders, and Batman Inc.
First Appearance: Detective Comics (1937) #27
Enemies: Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, Penguin, Catwoman, Bane, Hush, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange, Black Mask, Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, Ventriloquist/Scarface, Red Hood, Man-Bat, Victor Zsasz, Firefly, Harley Quinn, Clayface, Catman, Killer Moth, Deadshot, Deathstroke, The League of Assassins, The Court of Owls.
Origin: (Pre-Crisis) Detective Comics (1937) #33, Batman #47; (Post-Crisis) Batman #404-407, 430, Legends of the Dark Knight #1-5, Secret Origins TPB (a story); (New 52) Batman 21-27, 29-33.
Notable Storylines: Batman Year One (Batman #404-407), Long Halloween (Long Halloween #1-12), Dark Victory (Dark Victory #0-13), Death in the Family (Batman #425-429), Arkham Asylum (GN), A Lonely Place of Dying (Batman #426-429, 440-442, New Titans #60-61), Knightfall (Batman #491-510, Detective Comics #659-677, Showcase '93 #7-8, Shadow of the Bat #16-30, Catwoman #6-13, Justice League Task Force #5-6, Legends of the Dark Knight #59-63, Robin #7-9, Showcase '94 #10), Hush (Batman #609-619), Under the Red Hood (Batman #635-641, 645-650, Annual 25), Court of Owls (Batman #1-7) Zero year (Batman #21-27, 29-33), Batman/Flash the Button (Batman 21-22, Flash 21-22)

4 Likes

Codename: Hitman

First Appearance: The Demon — Annual 2 (1993)

Origin: Tommy Monaghan was just another hitman (get the name?) in Gotham. What set him apart from the other paid killers is that he only killed people who deserved it. Heroes and cops were always spared. Things were going semi-decently for him until Bloodlines. During the Bloodlines event, Tommy was attacked by a brutal demon, Glonth, but he survived. Not only did he survive, he thrived! He gained the abilities to read minds and to see through anything. Now, Tommy does the same exact jobs, but with superpowers! And he has to deal with not being killed by the mob. Or the government. Or demons. But hey! At least he’s friends with Superman!

Allies: Natt the Hat, Section Eight, Pat Noonan, Sean Noonan, Hacken, Ringo Chen, Deborah Tiegel, Kathryn McAllister, JSA, JLA, Etrigan, Kyle Rayner, Catwoman (formerly)

Enemies: Dubelz Crime Family, Mawzir, The Many Angled Ones, Asteroth, Mr. Truman, Agent Feekle, Darius (King of the Vampires), Arkannone, Johnny Navarone, Nightfist, Men’s Room Louie, Waterman, Scarback, Lobo, President Kijaro, Skull, Scarlet Rose, Tom Dawson, Feretti Crime Family, Marc Navarone

Notable Storylines: Bloodlines, Who Dares Wins, Closing Time

2 Likes

First Appearance: The Demon — Annual 2 (1993)

Owner: Sean Noonan

Notable Visitors: Section Eight, Hitman, Hacken, Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Catwoman, Ringo Chen, Deborah Tiegel, Natt the Hat, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Joker

1 Like

I’m starting to think this might not fill up…

2 Likes

Codename: Batman

First Appearance: Detective Comics — Issue 27 (1939)

Origin: At a very young age, Bruce Wayne watched as his mother and father were murdered. He then made a solemn vow to fight crime and distribute justice! He trained to become a man in peak mental and physical condition. He knew he needed to strike terror in the criminals of Gotham, so he dawned the identity of… BATMAN!

Notable Gadgets: Batmobile, Batarang, Batrope, Batgyro, Batsuit, Batcomputer, Utility Belt

Allies: Justice League, Batwoman, Batgirl, Oracle, Orphan, Spoiler, Robin, Red Robin, Red Hood, Nightwing, Alfred Pennyworth, Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Renee Montoya, Harley Quinn, Ace the Bat-Hound, Batwing, David Zavimbe, Batman Incorporated, Azrael, Bat-Cow, Bluebird, Catwoman, Huntress, Outsiders, Ghost-Maker, Jarro, Signal, Titus, Clayface, Gotham, Gotham Girl, Harold Allnut, Hawkfire, Jochi, Julia Pennyworth, Lucius Fox, Leslie Thompkins, Jace Fox, Poison Ivy

Notable Enemies: Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face, Cluemaster, Killer Croc, Scarecrow, Bane, Black Mask, Deathstroke, Hush, Mr. Freeze, League of Assassins, League of Shadows, Mad Hatter, Solomon Grundy, Professor Pyg, Deadshot, KGBeast, Man-Bat, Mister Zsasz, Hugo Strange, Joe Chill, Deadshot, Batman Who Laughs, Anarky

Notable Storylines: Batman: The Long Halloween, Batman: Hush, The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: No Man’s Land, Batman R.I.P., Death in the Family, Batman: Death of the Family

2 Likes

First Appearance: Wonder Woman #22 (1947)
Creators: William Marston and H.G Peter
Abilities: Holliday College level education. An over inflated opinion of oneself.

Backstory: The most jealous of the Holliday Girls. Gell was a woman who saw the achievements made by others and looked on with rage. Convinced that she was more capable than anyone else despite never applying herself to do so.

Whenever she sees someone accomplish something that was beyond her such as building a space ship for traveling to Venus or ruling over an entire planet, Gell would react with jealousy. Convinced that she could accomplish anything better than her counterparts and suspecting them of somehow cheating in one way or another to get where they are.

What would otherwise be a simple character flaw would blow up, for when discovering that Venus has a monarchy, she would begin plotting to overthrow the government and conquer the planet. Wishing to rule because she believes herself better than anyone else.

Credit to @nuuninuunani

3 Likes

We need to try this again.

1 Like

Yeah…

Maybe we should just do things that aren’t on the DC Wiki (dc.fandom.com)

1 Like

Makes sense.

2 Likes