DC Fandome Teaser Trailer

So some of the comic related panels I’m seeing:

• The Sandman Universe: Enter the Dreaming
  • Surprise DC Comics Panel (possible relaunch?)
  • New Voices of Wonder Woman (talking about the YA OGNs like Tempest Tossed, Princess of the Amazons and Nubia: Real One)
  • The Expansion of DC’s Watchmen Universe (focused on Tom King’s upcoming Rorschach maxi-series)
  • Teen Titans: Spotlight on Kami Garcia and Gabriel Picolo
  • John Ridley and The Other History of the DC Universe
  • Batman: The Joker War (which has a guest appearance by John Ridley…who was rumored to be writing Batman after the event with Luke Fox as Batman…hmm…)
  • Batman: The Three Jokers
  • Take a Tour of DC’s Death Metal Metalverse!
  • Mostly DCeased
  • How I Broke Into Comics (individual videos spotlighting Amanda Conner, Gabrail Picalo, Emmanuel Lupachino, Jamal Campell, Artgerm, Mikal Janin)
  • DC Graphic Novel Masterclass – Writers (featuring the aforementioned Sarah Khun and Cecil Castellucci)
  • DC Graphic Novel Masterclass – Writers (featuring Klaus Jansen and Isaac Goodheart)
  • DC Multiverse: Comic Masterclass (detailing the creation of the Multiverse and how it’s affected DC comics)

And in the KidsVerse and FunVerse there’s going to be comic readers for people to read more than 200 comics for kids and for all-ages going on throughout the day.

And there’s more that I’m probably not explicitly considering comics-focused.

That’s not bad in terms of comic book representation, I think. It’s no different from most other cons in recent years: the movies, TV shows and games might grab most of the headlines, but the comics and the creators in the industry will still have a spotlight.

2 Likes

Anybody else wondering what’s gonna happen with all our reward points if and when they close down the app?

1 Like

@mcknight316 I was holding out with mine, hoping they’d release some new stuff during Fandome. That’s still possible, but they might just end up as numerical evidence that I spend way too much time on this app.

2 Likes

Lol. I had been hoarding mine up for some good stuff too but finally broke down and got the Stargirl pin set. I still have over 3000 and gaining as much as I can everyday but the last 2 days I’ve been trying to access my dashboard and it just loads. :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

@mcknight316 - Is that still happening when you try to access your rewards page?

2 Likes

I’m hoping they announce a new line up for series and or who’s going to take over running DC. Other then that, I’m looking forward to The Batman movie and game stuff

1 Like

To the question of “do we still care” - I do. I will always care about DC comics. Whatever is happening now with the company can never change my feelings for them (that sounds very stalkery doesn’t it?!) and I’m sure a lot of entertainment companies are going through similar changes. We live in a world that has been heavily affected by a change that nobody wanted, but we all have to deal with. To make a long story short, I am still excited about what DC is producing.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about that a lot too, when it does pop comics will be screwed

1 Like

I’m hoping that it will be good and enjoyable

2 Likes

I’m hoping they put up a statue soon, I would love to have one next to my comic collection

1 Like

It’s almost like Fandome completely forgot about Supergirl until the last minute. It’s crazy that Nicole Maines is the only woman from the show scheduled to appear. Azie Tesfai hadn’t even heard of the event before the lineup was announced. I understand Melissa Benoist not appearing since she’s gotta be near the end of her pregnancy, but not having Azie, Chyler Leigh, Katie McGrath, Julie Gonzalo, Andrea Brooks, etc. doesn’t make any sense

1 Like

Yup. Melissa is probably on parental leave, but there’s a lot of fans and a lot of talent on the show that are left on the curbside.

The cast are good people and I’m sure they could have done an amazing thing with Melissa at home had they been asked.

1 Like

@Barrys.Better.Half

Same here. It is what is, and after the recent layoffs, definitely not going to trash what limited staff is left. So it just gets resolved when it does.

2 Likes