DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #93 - Crush and Lobo! June 4 - 11, 2022

Exactly lol.

Ive done this a few times lol need to learn to just stop or do robs tip of a practice sketch piece.

Also thank you for the kind words.

4 Likes

Nice

2 Likes

The whole time i was thinking why did i do this to myself :sweat_smile: :joy: thanks by the by and i might try that scrap bit in the future.

4 Likes

I have to say this made me smile. Love that expression! Great job!

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll admit I was not too familiar with Crush before this challenge. She does have a cool aesthetic appeal and I enjoy drawing something new.
This being said, Iā€™ll leave it to you whether Crush stole her dadā€™s space hog to go joyriding with Katie or if he let her borrow it for her date.

8 Likes

Haha this is so cute and fun, Iā€™m hoping Lobo let her borrow it :laughing: I havenā€™t gotten to the parts he and Crush meet yet but fingers crossed for supportive dad :crossed_fingers::grin:

Great job on the expressions

3 Likes

I thought it was a fun thing to draw and I pictured the rebellious streak.
Thanks on the compliment I know I had such trouble trying to get their faces just right

3 Likes

@JKoco17 i was not sure if this would be the right place to see if any of my fellow DC Fan Art Club members may be going to some of the same conventions I will be attending this summer. I just thought itā€™d be interesting to meet some of the people I talk with and share my love of art with.
If this isnā€™t the right place I will respectfully refrain from saying which ones I will be going to and when

4 Likes

Sure, sounds like a good thing to talk about.

I had been going to the Chicago con for over 20 years before everything shut down.

Now things are picking back up and, wouldnā€™t you know it, I tested positive for Covid last week. Thankfully my symptoms just knocked me down for a few days, but it makes me want to avoid large crowds this year.

However, Iā€™d be all for a DCFAC meet up sometime down the road if the stars align!

5 Likes

Nice Stef! Itā€™s great to see when youā€™re inspired and create multiple pieces per week!

2 Likes

Same here! I just started the Crush and Lobo series last week and Iā€™m glad I did.

The only downside to drawing something new is gathering the reference, but in the end itā€™s always worth it.

I agree with Cici, I think you captured the girlsā€™ expressions really well here!

4 Likes

I probably get way too excited about things like this, butā€¦

When I tweeted my pic, I included a thank you and a tag to both the writer (Mariko Tamaki) and artist (Amancay Nahuelpan) from Crush and Lobo.

Itā€™s always quite the rush to get a reply!

6 Likes

I was just talking about this with another member! I just got back from a convention also weekend so it came up. Most of the cons I attend are actually anime cons.

Totally understand about that, the big crowds can be a lot. It was overwhelming being around so many people just from a socialization side of things. @JKoco17 Hope the symptoms subside quickly and your recovery is flash-fast!

4 Likes

@cici that was me you were talking about it with!

3 Likes

Pwahaha well that explains the coincidence :laughing: why did I think it was CP? :see_no_evil: Lol my bad!

2 Likes

Great work and really cute piece.

3 Likes

Yay :raised_hands: and hope you are feeling much better now.

3 Likes

If were talking cons anyone going to the Greater Austin Comic Con?

Im going to try and have Kevin Conroy sign my finding batman story

and possibly arkham asylum (if hell do 2) the only other voice actor ive met has been steve blum.

6 Likes

Awesome! I just picked up my pride book today :rainbow_flag::v: Meeting Conroy would be incredible. Iā€™m hoping to make it to Fan Expo Dallas to meet Brendan Fraser

4 Likes