DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #90 - New Super-Man! May 7 - 14, 2022

Whoa, lots of intense emotion in this one! Very nice homage to that CoIE cover!

4 Likes

Bats and wonders faces are perfect and hilarious. And supes just poppin in hey guys lol.

3 Likes

Great portraits!! And homage piece as well.

3 Likes

Quick sketch lol good lord. Its a real great piece like jk said with the motion and soaring. Plus i love the clouds.

2 Likes

Aqua-man of North Korea. He was a villain at the beginning of his origin arc and then learned some truths and switch sides.

2 Likes

Thank you much!

1 Like

Quick sketch of robinbot first then turned into a side kick pageant with pain bot coming in 1st. Need to make Robinbot a bit smaller and move him so hes not right over PB lol.

7 Likes

Aww…shucks :blush: Thanks. It was just super fun and freeing to something light and happy. Too much Batman recently. I am taking a Batman break for a little while.

3 Likes

Haha! Love some PAINbot! Agree move Robinbot over a bit to one side and it would help the composition.

2 Likes

For sure! Thats what i get for just starting to doodle with no clear plan lol. Ill fix it and maybe try coloring this weekend.

You nailed this vibe 100%.

3 Likes

We had also lost the legendary Neal Adams recently. I wanted to do another tribute to join my George Perez homage, so here is the Justice League of China Bat-Man in the style of Neal Adams:

Here is the reference I had used:

8 Likes

Thanks Stef!

3 Likes

Robinbot vs Painbot, now that’s something I want to see! Nice work!

3 Likes

Nice Bat-Man! The texture on those bricks is well done as well as the effect you have on the gloves!

Anyone know why China likes to hyphenate all the names?

4 Likes

My guess would be that Batman is already copyrighted. Bat-man would be a new name and character that could be copyrighted separately. This may also be that it can be wholly owned by DC and not affiliated with Bob Kane’s version, which could have specific restrictions and provisos. Just a guess though.
I would suspect this goes for others also. Specifically Superman and his creators. Case in point Captain Marvel and Captain Mar-Vell.

3 Likes

Happy DCUI Anniversary @RobArt471! :partying_face: :cake: Thanks for being such a great part of our community! :superhero:

i7ccslc

5 Likes

Woot!! Thank you!!!

2 Likes

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1: Trinity. Great expressions.

@RobArt471
Awesome™:+1: sketch
The cloud background it great

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Both very awesome™:+1: tributes. Great cape action from Bats.

@stefanie.m
Awesome™:+1:. Robot it cool but Pain Bot is always the best.

4 Likes

Tried some line stuff this week. Liked the results the eyes are a bit bigger than I was going for but adds an animated flair to it :sweat_smile:. Had fun with it.

The JLC Trinity

8 Likes

Thank ya much!!

1 Like