DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #87 - Rabbits and Eggs! April 16 - 23, 2022

A big thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes! I can truly say that being part of and leading this group the past year has really helped me grow in ways that I never have before.

So I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks :grinning:

Always looking forward to what’s ahead!

7 Likes

Here’s my take on the egg shaped Chang Tzu. He (?) was really quite creepy in those issues of Checkmate I used as reference.

9 Likes

I made Plastic Man’s Egg from Dark Knights: Metal!

9 Likes

@JKoco17 super creepy!

@TheRealDetectiveChimp brilliant!

3 Likes

9 Likes

Incredible!

4 Likes

Eggcellent!

6 Likes

Happy Birthday @JKoco17

4 Likes

I am starting on dumb bunny

4 Likes

I have two Easter eggs In there

8 Likes

Post-Flashpoint she now goes by Tough Bunny, and isn’t quite as stereotypical.

@ImpulseMaxMercury – Nice take on Jaina! Is the clock reference more than Lewis Carrol’s white rabbit “Oh dear oh dear, I shall be late!”? Looks like an inverted saucepan laying on the rock wall to the right - is that a reference to the cook throwing “everything within her reach at the Duchess and the baby”? The carrot dynamite would be a Bugs Bunny reference, yes? I Major Bummer’s inclusion because he was fighting a giant watch on the cover of the final issue?

@JKoco17 – Love that Chang Tzu! So creepy, great shading! Love the crackle details! (

@TheRealDetectiveChimp --That’s a beautiful egg! Would be a shame to eat Eel! :smiley: (Is that gold flake paint?!)

@biff_pow – Very nice Egghead. So smooth and beautifully colored – you captured Vincent Price perfectly! Are those markers or watercolor?

Great scene! Perfect. Are the easter eggs the two different versions of Merryman? Presumably separated as they are by passing through a portal to Limbo? (Is that where the door is vanishing in to?)

6 Likes

there are not two versions there is one of merryman the green foot is the blimp and the yellow light is there arch nemesis silver sorceresses but the door is vanishing.

3 Likes

Ah, right-o! I was more familiar with the later version of Merryman when he dressed in green.

Oh, nice! I figured it must have been a reference, but wasn’t familiar with that version of Silver Sorceress. (Bunny’s mom’s nemesis, right?) totally-not-Circe

Very cool!

4 Likes

thanks, @keath! i used watercolors. weird but i find the cheapest ones work the best. literally like $1 with the school supplies!

@KingsharkDp4vr that’s hilarious! great easter eggs and really great work on her hands.

5 Likes

Thanx @biff_pow

3 Likes

@TheRealDetectiveChimp - very nice! I was hoping we’d get a real egg in here this week!

@biff_pow - that’s a great Vincent Price and you did some very nice shading with the markers!

@KingsharkDp4vr - the color really makes your work stand out. Nicely done! I’m glad @keath is here to find the easter eggs as I have very little knowledge of tough/dumb bunny.

5 Likes

Thanks @biff_pow and @keath! There was not much reference on Chang Tzu (sometimes he seemed robotic and sometimes not), but as a weird cross between Modok and Mojo, he definitely leans towards creepy.

6 Likes

giphy (1)

I cant believe its been a year already!!! :scream:

4 Likes

Work in progress as i really just wanted to doodle the creepy easter rabbit from TTG lol

9 Likes

Those teeth and side eye!! So creepy i love it. Good work on his ride as well very modokesque also highlighting bits of it bring it to life :+1:

4 Likes