DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #87 - Rabbits and Eggs! April 16 - 23, 2022

Hi @DCFanArtClub! Easter is this Sunday so I thought we’d have some fun with a Rabbits and Eggs week!

You can take this literally and incorporate a DC rabbit or egg in your work or figuratively and include any easter egg in your art.

For example, some prominent rabbits from DC history are:

Some egg or egg shaped inspirations:

• Egghead - played by Vincent Price in the Batman '66 series

• Egg Fu (also known as Chang Tzu) has had several incarnations over the years (most of the early ones would be considered racially insensitive today), but has evolved into a creepy villain in Checkmate and an egg shaped scientist in Harley Quinn.

• Plastic Man spent a lot of time in an egg form during Dark Nights: Metal (that was a bit weird).

If you are not into rabbits and eggs, you can create any piece of art, but include an easter egg hidden in it that the group can try and locate. The easter egg can be any message, acknowledgment or inside joke that is built into the picture.

For example, in my own Doom Patrol art from a couple weeks back, I set the gauge on the machine to 34 to give an acknowledgment that the image was inspired by issue 34 of the Doom Patrol.

Due Date: April 23, 2022
Discussion, works-in-progress and final submission all in the thread below.

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Incidentally, this week marks my one year anniversary leading the group and the two year anniversary of the club’s existence. A big thank you to @CynicalPink for creating this group and to everyone who has been a part of it!!

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

11 Likes

Sounds cool! Wonder if I can do figuratively and literally by drawing egg or rabbit then sticking Easter egg into picture.
Hey thanks for the compliment and shoutout to my Zoo Crew drawing!

4 Likes

The White Rabbit reminded me that there’s also Dumb Bunny from the Inferior Five!

dumbbunny

kind of regressive though

4 Likes

Sounds fun. Already thinking of some stuff. Two years that crazy to think. Feel like I only joined yesterday before it was even one :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You’ve been doing a stellar job and it makes me happy to see the club still kicking. I gave it a shoutout on the few social media platforms I use (though pretty infrequently…), but I hope it drives a few new artists this way :heart:

9 Likes

welcome home! i hope you’re well!

4 Likes

For this week, I drew White Rabbit because I have been trying to improve drawing female characters and so wanted a chance to challenge myself.
I loaded this with six Easter eggs as well! Have fun and enjoy!

8 Likes

Great to hear from you again! I’m glad you’ve been able to follow the club and some of us members. Hope you’re feeling better.

5 Likes

Thanks CP! It’s good to see you again!

5 Likes

Nice work @ImpulseMaxMercury! Six easter eggs, huh?

You’ve been very good at stumping me lately (maybe always).

Let’s see, what do we know about the White Rabbit?

• It’s a song by Jefferson Airplace
  • It is tied to Alice in Wonderland

Some things jumping out right away…
Major Bummer was a DC series in the late 90s.
The clock pointing to 6:20 or 6:25 has to have a connection to something.
Is her right hand backwards?

Jeez…I’m not good at this. :confused:

6 Likes

That’s awesome™:+1:
Nice to see you pop by

4 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:

I see the bummer poster. Not sure about the others going to have take a look when I’m more awake :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

happy birthday, @JKoco17!

beastfire

sorry i don’t have a gif of the Question dancing on his birthday

6 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @JKoco17!!!

6 Likes

It’s funny you mention Jefferson Airplane as I thought of it after I finished the drawing. I could have put a plane in the upper right corner.
I will let you know you are on the right track with the clock hands and the Alice reference.
I may have also thrown in some other bunny related eggs too.

4 Likes

Happy birthday @JKoco17 !!!

5 Likes

:birthday: Happy Birthday @JKoco17 :birthday:

6 Likes

Happy Birthday @JKoco17! :partying_face: :birthday: :0_the_question_jlu: I hope you have a fantastic day of celebration!

Maybe even with ice cream? :ice_cream:

question

6 Likes

Happy Birthday @JKoco17 :tada: hope you have a stellar sweet day!

5 Likes

Here are more birthday wishes for you @JKoco17 !!!

You are a superstar!

8 Likes