DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #78 - Black History Month! February 12 - 19, 2022

Don’t forget Robot-man from Doom Patrol, Annihilator (from DCAU), Bat Knight (Kingdom Come), Grid, John Corben (Metallo) and Kelex from the top of my head.

4 Likes

Also AMAZO, Red Tornado’s 3 siblings, and also that one robot flash

5 Likes

Oh oh oh! I was trying to come up with a DC equivalent to Transformers, but the best I have is that Voltron-like robot from Dark Nights: Metal #1. That could be fun, but there’s not much reference.

5 Likes

Oh, that would be crazy to do, in a good way. Ya not much reference, but artist imagination could supply the tidbits not referenced. The image you found seems to be the only one worth referencing.

4 Likes

Awesome work, everyone!

I had the bright idea to add some scenery, so now of course I’m hellalate. … Anyway … I went with Vykin, combining one of my favorite series of panels in to one shot. (Though without dialog it’s admittedly not as epic.)

7 Likes

Awesome™:+1:
Never heard of him before. Cool.

4 Likes

Very cool scene and the background was worth the wait!

4 Likes

Vykin from the Forever People! Never thought I would see him for this topic! Great choice!

Nice work on this. I like that orange to blue gradient blend you have for the background.

5 Likes

Wow, lots of great art this week. I’ve added this to the 2022 gallery.

9 Likes

This looks so cool! Always something to look forward to!

3 Likes

Really love the galleries. Sometimes I can’t checkout everyone’s submissions and I miss them. They give a quick shot of everything submitted so I don’t miss anything. Thanks for what you do @JKoco17 !

5 Likes

Thanks Rob!

3 Likes

Continuing from my other post I think its a theme (of villains) lol

2 Likes

Nice peice!! Had to google who those cats were lol but i like the motion and posing plus like jk said the gradient is a nice touch.

3 Likes

It is! I am now searching my soul to see if I am really a villain at heart!!

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: doubtful youre too nice and thoughtfull for a villain! Just come over to the grey side with the secret six and etrigan :grin:

4 Likes