DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #7

Happy Saturday, @DCFanArtClub! Let’s use the power of creativity and friendship to help every DCU member have an icon to call their own.

WEEK 7: “THE ANTI-BLANK-BATMAN-HEAD COALITION PROJECT”

Due: As long as there is a DCU, there will be a need for this challenge. No time limit!
Tools: Your software and images of choice. For those lacking software, you can use this site for free.

How it works:

Make icons. Lots of icons. Use comic panels, animation frames, movie stills, your own artwork, whatever. Bonus good-karma points if you create icons for more obscure characters and series.

I believe recommended size is 200x200 or higher.

WHEN YOU FINISH CREATING YOUR ICONS, POST THEM HERE.

10 Likes

great idea!

3 Likes

Oh dude I used to role play as Robin from Young Justice years ago. I think I still have a folder of icons.

2 Likes

HCQ would love that! Go post it over here: Free icons for DCU! !

1 Like

Oooh, I like this one a lot. I’ve several references from many of my favorite DC characters already from the comics and shows, so I’ll gather those up, get them on the right dimension, and upload them for whoever wants to use them. That’s how I did it with the one I’ve got.

4 Likes

@CynicalPink is it difficult to create icons? I ask because I am used to my pencil and paper and feel lost in this technology…

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury

Nope! I mean, it can get complicated if you want to be fancy, but if you use this site, all you do is:

1. Upload a picture
  2. Crop it by clicking and dragging your cursor over whatever part of the image you want to save
  3. Choose the shape (heart, square, circle, etc — circle works best, since that’s DCU’s default)
  4. Choose PNG
  5. Click Convert ICO
  6. Click “download your icon”

It sounds like a lot, but follow the steps once, and it’s a cinch
cynicalpink_week6_challenge_selina_1

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll have to try tomorrow when I am on the computer and not my phone

2 Likes

Let me know if you run into any probs!

2 Likes

I ah didnt think I was going to like doing this as much as I did (once I got the hang of it and used a laptop instead of phone :woman_facepalming:)

A+ @CynicalPink

2 Likes

@stefanie.m I love your set!

2 Likes

Very interesting!!!

3 Likes

@Nightwing22691 Welcome to the community! Hope you have fun with the challenge if you decide to join in

1 Like