DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #45, May 15 -22

Hi @DCFanArtClub! Let’s try something a bit different this week. Most prior challenges have involved some kind of figure drawing, but this week there are No Humans Allowed!

The challenge this week is to create something that does not contain any humans or humanoid characters.

Below are the types of things that I have in mind along with some examples:

• Vehicles - the Batmobile, Robin’s motorcycle, Blue Beetle’s Bug Ship

• Spaceships - Brainiac’s ship, Superman’s rocket, Justice League Satellite

• Buildings - the Hall of Justice, the Legion of Doom Headquarters, Titans Tower

• Robots - Skeets, L-Ron, Kelex

• Tech - Green Lantern Power Battery, Mr Freeze’s cold gun

I’m sure there are many others that will come to mind as well, but just keep those humans out of it.

Due Date: May 22
Submit: Post your final work here.
Works-In-Progress should be shared in this thread. :+1:

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

9 Likes

Sound like a fun challenge, you just gave me an idea!
:bulb:
:grinning:

9 Likes

do these have to be drawn?

8 Likes

Not necessarily. Any kind of creation works. What do you have in mind?

9 Likes

i was thinking of ways to make the colors more vibrant, so I was thinking of paint and some colorful, untraditional stuff.

9 Likes

I’ll probably focus most of my effort on the monthly challenge since my available time to work on it is limited and it’s rapidly getting away from me. Still, I may try to work something in.

11 Likes

Sounds good to me.

8 Likes

This sounds really fun, do Allen’s count​:smirk:

8 Likes

Do animals count?

8 Likes

Sounds awesome™:+1:.

6 Likes

@IamBeastBoy08
@ImpulseMaxMercury

Yes, aliens and animals do count! Bring em on!

12 Likes

Thank you @JKoco17 :laughing:

7 Likes

Is it a stretch for characters like Detective Chimp?

8 Likes

I’m making mine now

6 Likes

Hmmmmm, I think a Chimp is pretty human-like. You’re right on the edge there, but I suppose it’s okay. :grin:

I was thinking something like cats, dogs, octopus, insects…

8 Likes

I’m making Larfleeze’s ring. I just had to make the symbol thingy. I probably should’ve asked before doing this, but can I make it 3-dimensional?

6 Likes

Of course, 3D is fine. Looking forward to seeing it.

7 Likes

ok thanks

5 Likes

Figured that was going to be, no pun intended, a little hairy. I already drew him just used it as an example. Now to think of what to draw…

8 Likes

The main part of my thing got ruined because i had to do it outside :sob:

5 Likes