DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #44, May 8 - 15

Hi @DCFanArtClub and welcome to our first challenge of ‘Who Dat?!?’

This challenge is to draw a picture of an obscure character, but do not reveal his, her, or its identity. It will be up to the club to guess who it is.

How you define obscure is up to you. It could be someone from deep in the history of DC Comics or someone from a more recent series that just hasn’t caught on.

There are only a couple of guidelines:

1. Do not redesign or reimagine the character. The person has to be recognizable to how they appeared in a DC comic, movie, animated series or video game. I also believe it is against our guidelines to design our own version of characters.

2. In case no one guesses the correct answer, be prepared to prove who this character is with either a link to a comic here on DCUI or a picture from outside of the service.

Need help? The full run of the 1980s ‘Whos’ Who in the DC Universe’ is right here on DC Universe Infinite. If you browse any random issue, you are bound to come across a character you’ve never heard of, but who has an interesting look you’d like to draw.

For example, issue 17, page 5 I found this guy:

I didn’t know who he was, but he looks kind of cool.
Turns out he’s Nimbus from the Omega Men comic.

One other bit of advice. Do not include the character’s name in the name of the file you upload. Depending on where you upload from, the filenames may come over with random characters or sometimes they have the actual filename. If you click on the picture above, you should be able to see that I named it ‘nimbus.jpg’.
filename

Anyway, just a tip to not give away the answer to your obscure character.

Due Date: May 15
Submit: Post your final work here. Works-In-Progress should be shared in this thread. :+1:

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

8 Likes

Sounds like fun! I love going obscure with my drawing

7 Likes

Sounds fun now which obscure character to use. :thinking:

5 Likes

Interesting but if they are obscure, wouldn’t that necessitate a re-design? Not that I have any skill 4 dat.

4 Likes

Oh, I’m sure these characters are ready for a redesign, but we are not supposed to create our own versions of characters here.

The goal here is just for a fun guessing game.

5 Likes