DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #21, 'Seeing Stars'

@RobArt471 I love it! The dragon in the background was amazing and the way he is sitting in his throne seems to give me aCobra Commander vibe (am I allowed to say that?). He was one of my favorites on the show and extremely creepy and you made him intimidating like I rounded the corner and this is what I saw

3 Likes

@Goldk this is so cool! I felt like I was looking at a comic book adaptation of the show and you captured him perfectly. He looks like he is a few steps ahead and knows it.

1 Like

I’m glad you like it! And I’m stealing candycano that’s a great word. I looked through references and saw he always wore a shirt with some graphic or funny saying like “pizza me” and I remember mugs that would say I’m a math teacher what’s your superpower so I took it another way.

1 Like

@stefanie.m I had the slogan in mind for the shirt before I started so I’m glad you liked it.
As for the foreground if you only knew how many times I drew and erased the hand to try to get it right. I had the face looking good but the hand kept looking wonky to me and I’m a perfectionist so it drove me nuts. I’m happy with how it turns out.

2 Likes

I love the facial expression. Nice job making this your own.

2 Likes

I wish I had chuck to help me explain how wonderful this is. One of my faves of your always impressive work.

2 Likes

You had to make the speech bubble icy and take something great and move it to the next level didn’t you?
Your work is always great, and I feel like lately you’ve been even better about the small details.

2 Likes

Can you send me an uncolored version of this, but maybe put some numbers under where you colored it and then on the side write down what color each number should be? It’s the only way I could replicate it.

1 Like

Your art needs to be compiled into one of those adult coloring books, because this would be so fun to attack with some colored pencils. All the little details would keep me entertained for hours. That’s the long way of my saying this is awesome!

3 Likes

Perfect likeness! And I can’t remember if he wore that exact outfit on the show, but I love the pop of purple here. He looks almost questionably benevolent — a poker face for the Gambler, I guess!

2 Likes

Taking the undercover job very seriously.

Edit:

:rofl: This is such a better answer.

4 Likes

Maybe that would make for a silly art challenge one of these days. Draw DC chars wearing graphic tees.

4 Likes

Thank you!! Maybe DC would sponsor an Adult coloring book with me. LOL. I would love to see that happen. If anyone is of the mind to have some fun. Feel free to print it out or color it any way you want. I would love to see it. I just don’t color very well and feel like I make it worse than better when I attempt.

2 Likes

It’d be a dream to find out someone was here scouting for talent and you and some of the other pros-in-the-making could be picked up.

Then I could say I know famous people and get free autographs. :smiley:

3 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury Mike looks spot on! Fantastic job with his face; it looks just like the actor! I also love that you included the candy volcano.

@ddeleonvfx Awesome sketch!! Great job on the perspective and facial expression as well!

@Z-A-C I love the way you did Icicle. His icy “skin” looks fantastic! I also really like the frozen text bubble.

@stefanie.m Beautiful coloring job, as always! This really looks incredible - great work!

@CynicalPink I absolutely love how you drew Beth! You really captured her personality. Her hair and and shading look especially nice (and Chuck looks great too!) Superb work!

@RobArt471 That dragon looks AMAZING! Dragon King looks perfectly intimating, and I love the details on the throne. Incredible work!

@Goldk Wow! You perfectly captured the face of the Gambler from the show. I really love the background as well - it makes this piece look like a portrait the Gambler would have had made to hang up in his house. Great work!

4 Likes