DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #21, 'Seeing Stars'

91ZamXt

@RobArt471 and @TheKateKane

3 Likes

oh man she’s lovely!! I like the little pops of color in the goggles and hearts. Also nice collar work. :muscle: and the angle of her head tilted up is aces.

2 Likes

hahaha for sure I was not very impressed when I first Googled the character but he gave me mad Doc holiday vibes after looking through some of his images. Thanks man! Its a classic for sure :grin:

2 Likes

dude he looks amazing. The color for the background is awesome and definitely that texture for his face. And just using markers well done. I don’t know anything about said character but I’m assuming his partner died by the wedding bands around his neck nice touch maybe a tragic past? Either way I really like this.

3 Likes

Wonderfully done (quick sketch :astonished:) Like everyone’s said that angle is tricky and you definitely nailed it.

3 Likes

:clap: nice work IMM the shirt is super cute. And well done on the foreground stuff i.e the table, the hand the tables resting on and the candy volcano. I always find that stuff (background, foreground, things characters interact with lol) especially tricky but it brings Mike to life. :clap:

3 Likes

Ok, look, that texture on her hair is frickin’ amazing!! The light glints, shading, clothes are awesome! On top of all that, she looks just like her from the show!! Excellent piece!

1 Like

Just finished this last minute! I got Dragon King…

13 Likes

whoaaa!!! This is awesome!!

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury that totally looks like Mike. Great job with the likeness! Love his shirt too!
@ddeleonvfx Great shot. Gil Kane would be proud. I totally had no idea who brainwave Jr. is until I saw your sketch and then I recognized him from Infinity Inc,
@Z-A-C Amazing. simply amazing.
@stefanie.m sorry, I don’t get the reference, but I love the art!
@CynicalPink That is so good. Not only does it look like her but you also captured her innocence!
@RobArt471 Wow. You totally caught Dragon kings evil vibe! And your details are outstanding! Nice anatomy and perspective work too.

4 Likes

I also rolled the gambler. I went for the tv show version.

13 Likes

@stefanie.m in your gif why is Batman dressed like a cowboy?

3 Likes

I am amazed by y’all that get the real thing looks. This is phenomenal! It reminds me of the animated movie Heavy Metal, but better. Super colors and texture to the background!

2 Likes

LMAO! It is an Elseworlds story of Bats as a Dentist masquerading as a gambler/gunfighter, masquerading as a US Marshall. It was a great story cause he turns into a Daisy at the end and of course he was a Huckleberry earlier on in the story.

3 Likes

Duuuude! You captured him perfectly. And those eyes! Real life drawings are so difficult so mad props for going that route!

2 Likes

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

You are pulling no stops! Lovely work I mean that face alone is pretty intense and intimidating. Let alone the hands on the throne and all the dragons :muscle:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: well played.

3 Likes

@Z-A-C this looks amazing! Trying to draw ice with all its reflections is extremely difficult and you nailed it while also showing facial expressions. I also like the detail of the two wedding rings around his neck in remembrance of his wife. Nice details!

3 Likes

@stefanie.m great job! I got Mike do I know getting a difficult character and you nailed it. I remember going to theaters to see Tombstone and loving Val Kilmer’s Doc as one of the best parts. You can really feel a Western vibe from the character and combining with Kenny Rogers the Gambler…

2 Likes

@CynicalPink this is great! You really captured the joy and fun Beth seems to have being a superhero and the little touches of color really draw it out. I could really sense her excitement and joy.

1 Like