DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #2

I cast a shadow over it for um ambiance

12 Likes

OMG, Mermaid Batman is the greatest.

5 Likes

I keep turning away while I was drawing it because I was laughing so hard and was afraid I was gonna mess it up . Lol.

3 Likes

@CynicalPink here it goes.
I came into comics during the 1990s so a lot of the events have stuck with me and inspired my picture. I figured why draw one scene when I can draw four?!? Why do I do this to myself? Well it is challenge me to grow.
The picture showcases the death of Superman, the breaking of the Bat, when Wonder Woman lost her title to Artemis, and when Hal Jordan went crazy.
In the center is Barry Allen as he is disintegrating during Crisis as I figured maybe he appeared in the future (the nineties) as well as the past.
I have included my references as well. I drew the a Flash without references.

https://www.cracked.com/funny-6367-hal-jordan/

9 Likes

Poor Superman! I like how detailed your works are. This one I could look at for a while noticing new elements. Great expressions. This is a really cool collage of epic scenes!

3 Likes

Thanks! I tried to lighten the mood with the x’s for his eyes but still evoke the original scene. The most difficult part was trying to recreate the scenes but with the limited mobility of the LEGO mini figures.
I try to get enough of the details right so you know what scenes they are

3 Likes

I love the LEGO rubble around superman!! :laughing:

2 Likes

@biff_pow I thought about the scene and how much destruction there was. And I thought, why not LEGO blocks?

3 Likes

@biff_pow super cute and I love the colors. What did you use? ( some kind of paint?)

2 Likes

Thanks! Yep, just a cheap set of Crayola washable watercolors. Draw in pencil, paint, then ink. I recommend giving it a try, it’s pretty fun!

4 Likes

Dang it looks so nice. I might have to I was using colored pencil and the color looks something awful lol. Thanks. By the by the monthly challenges robin post of yours is also excellent!

3 Likes

Thank you! Frankly I just like the watercolors 'cause they’re so easy :shushing_face: :laughing:

2 Likes

Here’s my week 2 piece! I chose Lego Cyborg! I’ve never drawn Legos before, so this was different.

11 Likes

That is legitimately cool.
-M

3 Likes

Thanks! ^^

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, I wasn’t a big fan of this challenge.

7 Likes

Everyone’s art looks so incredible!!

Things have been a bit hectic here this past week, so I might not get a piece done in time but I definitely plan on drawing something for it.

4 Likes

Cyborg looks amazing. I love that you showed each stage of the process. And its definitely a challenge with their boxy bodies.

3 Likes

So, funny story, I drew this a week or two before the challenge, but since I haven’t had time to finish the other piece I was preparing for it, thought this would fit well enough since it’s almost exactly what the cyborg one is.

6 Likes

Sorry for the delay. I rushed this afternoon to draw this so I could submit this before Sunday. This is my first attempt at Dr. Fate—wanted to go outside my comfort zone some. #dcfac

Cheers!

7 Likes