DC Fan Art Club: "Speedsters" Submissions (Weekly Challenge #16, July 4-11)

Max Mercury

18 Likes

thank you! it’s been fun doing a piece each week. I feel like I am beginning to understand proportions better so this means a lot!

3 Likes

thank you ! i love bart and i’m glad i got his personality to shine through a little

3 Likes

thank you! this is my favorite suit of his so i thought i’d give it a go. Happy sunday to you too!

3 Likes

I like his expression. :slight_smile: The picture overall has a lot of style, I like it a lot.

3 Likes

A quick Flash I did awhile back.

16 Likes

@ittosaurus Nice work! I really like Max’s facial expressing in this piece!

@konztantien The energy/lightning coming off of the Flash looks great! Amazing job on the shading as well!

4 Likes

@ittosaurus Oooh, this was a new one for me! I love the colors of the suit - they match his design perfectly! His expression gives of a sort of roguishness, it’s awesome.

@konztantien I love so much about this! The lighting overall is just superb! The lightning and the multiple outlines in several colors, especially the use of blue here, are so striking! His expression, too, just… amazing.

5 Likes

@nightwing2005 – Nice proportions and facial expression!

@Aegiey – Great work with the hood and making it feel like it’s wrapped around her head in a three-dimensional way. That’s something I have difficulty with sometimes.

@RobArt471 – Looks like Barry’s doing an invisible Sonic level! Very cool design, way to fill out the page!

@TheRealDetectiveChimp – Cool reproduction of the Kingdom Come art!

@Z-A-C – This is excellent! Love the foreshortening, the facial expression and the hair!

@ittosaurus – Like the face, pretty stylized!

@konztantien – Like the expression and the color/lightning!

5 Likes

@konztantien I agree with Wings, the lightning crackle is fantastic! I would also be remiss to not say how sleek he looks, like he is speeding while standing still. Perfect for The Flash.

4 Likes

Now that is an interesting thought! I don’t think the guidelines would allow it, but I may have to sketch it out anyway. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the praise! To be honest I wasn’t feeling good about this because I haven’t drawn in a while and so it was a new experience. Especially for Max Mercury.

3 Likes

Wow, @WingsOfAether @RobArt471 @BestBeastBoy @Jay_Kay, thank you all for the kind words!
I am very glad everyone likes the Flash art. I am always impressed by how many great artists there are here and by the overwhelmingly kind support the community has for people’s artwork. It is very refreshing!

4 Likes

This prompt must’ve sped by me because I did not initially see it, so in honor of that, and what the prompt was here’s a very fast sketch of Impulse on hold.

11 Likes

@_UnderScore I am laughing so hard at this concept! It’s so good! His expression perfectly fits the scenario and is totally, 100% Impulse. Perfection!

2 Likes

This is so fun - I love it :joy:

3 Likes

@PettyDabblerOfTheDarkArts I love just the joy of running you get from this picture. I missed the fun and noviceness of Nora trying to fill her father’s shoes. This last season of the Flash was more of a downer and needed the fun

2 Likes

@Jay_Kay I love this. I was envisioning him holding a discus and getting ready to throw it as hard as he could. You gave him an Olympian stature and i am impressed with how well you drew him

2 Likes

@nightwing2005 I love it. Then again with a name like mine how could I not. It’s almost like he is running so fast then slows down to pose for a picture before picking up speed again

2 Likes

@Aegiey great job! I’m not as familiar with this one but I was really drawn to its cuteness. To me it gave off a Lost boy ( or girl) vibe from Peter Pan where they all dressed in animal pajamas. Very cute

2 Likes