DC Fan Art Club: September 2023 Spotlight - Ambush Bug, Mister Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite

when-your-see-youtubers-playing-fortnite-season11-dance

And for @ImpulseMaxMercury

buttflowers_anniversary

11 Likes

Thanks!

7 Likes

Thanks!

7 Likes

Thanks! 20th wedding anniversary this year AND DCUniverse 5 year?!? Must be my year

9 Likes

happy DCUniversary

9 Likes

Thanks!

7 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

When I think of Mr Mxyzptlk, Bat-Mite and Ambush Bug, I think whimsical fun and for some reason turning characters into toys. I’ve always loved the comic book covers where a character towers over our heroes shrunken or turned into toys and we’re left to wonder how they got there and when to get out.
I had Mr Mxyzptlk be the one who turned the other two into toys. Bat-Mite is trying to cut his way out using a batarang toy accessory and Ambush Bug, in his usual fourth wall way, with a caption on the box complaining about what he is doing to their value. Enjoy!

12 Likes

Ambush bug!

13 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury - awesome idea! Love the little RIP that Bat-Mite is making in the package!

@DreamingGirlWonder - 3 for 3 already! Nice Ambush Bug. You’ve captured his smile and personality really well here.

8 Likes

@biff_pow - I think he’s talking to you.

13 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury Ambush Bug’s self-awareness! :star_struck: and i agree, i love the toy theme!

@DreamingGirlWonder i forgot to say in the other thread that i really like the color variation!

@JKoco17 he turned out great, and he’s breaking that fourth wall like only he can!

6 Likes

Thanks​:purple_heart::black_heart::heart:

3 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Looks Awesome™:+1:. Great 4th wall break :laughing:.

@DreamingGirlWonder
These are awesome™:+1: great expressions on the three of them.

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1: bug. That hand looks amazing.

5 Likes

Busy this month so decided to throw all three in one. Ambush bug with the power of imagination at his fingertips

16 Likes

love it!

3 Likes

That perspective is on point!! I also agree the hand is excellent! :fire::metal::metal:

3 Likes

Utterly fantastic! :metal::metal:

2 Likes

This is hilarious! Absolutely love what’s going on here haha great job

2 Likes

Great job! :grin::purple_heart:

1 Like