DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, March 2020

Your attention to detail is amazing! Dont even get me started on your back ground. And the colors. It’s just a really nice piece altogether well done!

4 Likes

That hair :exploding_head: and those eye lashes. Beautiful piece for sure!

3 Likes

I love it all, but you’re right, the hands look great! I’m also very envious of your ears!

3 Likes

@stefanie.murr7 Sweet Potato Pie!! :rofl: yessss haha

@CynicalPink So I fell hard for all the robins in We Are Robin so can I be that person and take Daxon Chill & Dre too? If not thats coolio~

4 Likes

@stefanie.murr7 That made me snort! Haha! Really nice job with the detail and capturing the art! I’m also really impressed by your hands (hands are evil). Would love to see it colored someday if you ever go for it!

@cici With only one day to go, I’m 99.9% sure no one else is going to jump in, so please do! Can’t wait to see it!

4 Likes

tenor (2)

Thanks for the kind words!

4 Likes

I might attempt it or at least clean it up a bit. Shaky hands are the worst for attempting ink with.

Hahaha yea that’s what I was going for :joy:

Facts. I’m almost ashamed to admit I spent a good hour on them…lol…and they’re only like a handful of lines. :woman_shrugging:

InexperiencedScrawnyHairstreak-max-1mb

4 Likes

Since we’re claiming more, do you mind if I add Isabella Ortiz from We Are Robin as well?

2 Likes

Oh, Izzy was my initial pick. Im not opposed to more than one person drawing her tho if thats allowed ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ

1 Like

Oh dang, I’m sorry, I didn’t see her name crossed off on the main list, so I didn’t know she was claimed already.

1 Like

@Jay_Kay It’s cool, yeah I dont think its been updated yet Sorry!

1 Like

@cici & @Jay_Kay - sorry! Haven’t been on the computer to update the list (work mayhem off to a fresh Monday start :scream:). Please feel free to share since Cici is okay with it!

3 Likes

I feel nothing but regret.

So many flowers to color. UGH.

And given my track record with coloring, this might be my official submission. Wish me luck in not ruining it :crossed_fingers:

Edit: also, is it me or is his chest too itty bitty?

6 Likes

It looks amazing! Even without any color you can see all the amazing details. Also I can’t imagine the pain of drawing THAT MANY flowers. I don’t think the chest is too itty bitty, samurai/ninja outfits don’t usually accent muscles and stuff like spandex does so I think you’re good XD. I also finally got around to reading this Robin’s story. Thanks I totally got punched in the gut with that ending, this just makes this artwork even more sad and amazing.

3 Likes

@Broken-Knight ty for the feedback about the proportions! As to the flowers… I started while Netflix binging on Saturday and before I knew it :scream:

As for the read…
I KNOW! I picked this Robin having no idea what his story was about. I figured it could lead to a fun, action anime-style drawing. Then I got sucker-punched by the ending! By the time I started drawing, all that came to mind was his dream. But if you think this was sad, read Thrillkiller. That was my original pick before switching.

3 Likes

Oh boy I’m ready to get emotional over fictional characters again, totally gonna read Thrillkiller. Also Robin really needs a restraining order against DC writers. None of them are ever safe, even in other dimensions.

2 Likes

KICKS SPOlLER TAG WORK, DARN YOU.

2 Likes

You could/should frame that! And even if you end up not coloring it, I think it fits perfectly in the Japanese woodblock print style! A lot of them used very little color (I’m sure you know more about this than me :laughing:)

picture1

4 Likes

@Broken-Knight Seriously! It’s like the least safe role in the DCverse!

2 Likes

@biff_pow Aww thank you!! And that’s a good idea that I hadn’t thought of! I was debating about color schemes, too. Like, blue sky and green fields… or do an image that’s mostly red/sunset-y. I was leaning to the second, but I’m worried all that red, especially with his outfit, would be overkill.

2 Likes