DC Fan Art Club: 'Meet the Artist' Challenge

@CynicalPink Yes that was absolutely ridiculous! I’m sorry but The Who Batman Babs and Dick triangle is forced and I hate it! It honestly turn me off to the whole Dick/Babs ship more than it normally would.

3 Likes

@biff_pow Thank you!

2 Likes

I can’t decide what I like more - Damian (:rofl:) or the really detailed clothing (bat cuff links AND an ironed pant crease - you are indeed a snappy dresser).

You guys are doing such a good job at faces, too. And here I was planning on drawing a blue horse head or something.

4 Likes

Just joined, but I guess it’s time to make a piece lol. I’ve been striving to be a comic book artist for years (Todd McFalrane is my main inspiration), so I think this group will be good for me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MichaelLakeArt Welcome aboard! We’re only a few days old, so you haven’t missed anything. :slight_smile: Always love seeing your work in the fan creations section —it’ll be fun watching where the prompts take your work. And if it can help you add to your portfolio, even better!

5 Likes

Still working on my meet the artist drawing. But I thought I’d share a Red Hood drawing I’ve done, trying to practice a lineless style.

20 Likes

Way cool!

3 Likes

Monochromatic pieces are some of my favs :blue_heart: That came out awesome! How are you liking going line-less?

4 Likes

Thanks @chongoboy1014.74577 and @CynicalPink! Lineless can be bit difficult sometimes, especially when a character is mostly just one color. But I like how it makes the art less stiff and more vibrant.

2 Likes

Agreed! I’ve tried it myself, but I’m struggling. :sweat_smile: all the more reason to keep practicing.

2 Likes

@CynicalPink is there a sign up for this club or can anyone join?
Also do you have to commit to every challenge or can you miss some if you cannot make it?
I’d love to participate but with all my kids’ activities I am worried about time commitment.

3 Likes

Hiyas, @ImpulseMaxMercury! Anyone can join - all you need to do is click here. And the challenges are absolutely optional, so no worries. They’re there to motivate and inspire, so jump in as your schedule allows. :slight_smile: Thanks for showing interest, and glad to welcome ya aboard!

4 Likes

@CynicalPink thanks! I just joined. Now do I just post my picture when I have completed it or do I post on the deadline day? Do I post on a certain page? Just wondering how I share my art.

3 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury Most welcome!

And you can post in this thread whenever you’re ready. At the end of the challenge, I’m going to compose a list of everyone’s entries so that they don’t get too lost in the thread. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury For sure! If you ever have questions, free to message me or drop them on the main page. Happy art’ing!

3 Likes

@chongoboy1014.74577 I love how much detail you put into your art. The interaction between the characters is great! Perspective is always challenging when it comes to art, you did a good job with it here! It’s great that you found a way to combine the things you enjoy.

@EverAJ
I love your redesign for Punchline, even more so than the official design for her! She’s adorable, but also kinda creepy, like a doll in a horror movie. The anatomy and proportions also look incredible!

@JeepersItsTheJamags
That Damian drawing! :rofl: :rofl:
Your drawings are great, but I especially love the sassy descriptions of things. You’re incredibly creative both with drawing and writing!

@Broken-Knight
Lineless art can be sooo difficult! I really love how your Red Hood turned out, it looks fantastic. The black background was a great choice to add contrast to the piece.

7 Likes

@serenap95 thank you so much.

2 Likes

I’m just auditing this course, I’m also practicing my internet lurker skills, how am I doing so far?

Great job everyone, very enjoyable!

2 Likes

Had to join the club!

Dislikes:

I sometimes use a program like an app on my ipad (can’t remember the name at the moment) or Painter Essentials on my computer, but lately I’ve mostly just been sketching.

Also I drew Tim in some different style and then just decided to go normal with the rest of them. I’m not sure what style Tim is.

14 Likes