DC Fan Art Club: July 2023 Spotlight - Warlord, Green Arrow and Zatanna

It’s great to see your Minecraft work again! Really nice Warlord in his early costume!

5 Likes

Here’s my take on Warlord. It was inspired by the creature that appeared in issue 3, but I really wanted to try and draw the helmet and skull shoulder-thing so I put him in the armor from the later issues.

I initially tried it with him holding a sword, but I couldn’t quite get it right. I ended up switching to him reaching for his gun (which he did actually use in issue 3).

He sure did show a lot of skin, but Skartaris is the land of eternal sunshine so it must be pretty hot there. :laughing:

10 Likes

As part of Green Arrow’s family, this morning I’ve made Speedy A.K.A. Roy Harper. :grinning:
Hope you guys like it.

8 Likes

That’s great @JKoco17! It reminds me of issue #13.

Good thing Warlord one another round for more issues because you’ll get to see this:

5 Likes

I’ve just finish making Zatanna out of Minecraft, been wanting to make this for a long time, and now I did!:smiley::magic_wand::tophat:

9 Likes

Just finished my Zatanna. As artists, I’m sure y’all know about those periods when all of your art just looks good to you and you feel good about it. Like everything has fallen into place and its like you suddenly understand it all. Thats me right now. Everything’s looking great you guys. Keep it up. :smile: :magic_wand: :art:

11 Likes

Cool comparison. You can see a definite improvement in composition, lighting and shading here. Very very nice! :metal:

4 Likes

8-bit beautiful! :metal:

3 Likes

Very nicely done! :metal:

PS: Again wings! You’re killing it! :fire:

4 Likes

I am convinced we need a full on Justice League(Unlimited) from you! :metal:

2 Likes

:metal::fire:

2 Likes

With work like this, please keep feeling it!!:metal::fire:

3 Likes

Just finish making another member of Green Arrow’s family, Black Canary, hope you guys like it, I had her mouth open since she’s known for her famous scream! :grinning:

:00_black_canary:

6 Likes

@Reaganfan78 - These are awesome! You are quickly zipping through the whole team!

@the_Rubber_Bandit - beautiful work both with clean lines and great colors! I agree it’s all falling into place for you!

5 Likes

Thanks @TravisMorgan! Now you’ve got me looking forward to issue 13!

@RobArt471 - I thought the same thing, but it was more like …‘Why more wings???’
Thanks for the nice words!

5 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, Zatanna!

13 Likes

Awesome hands and magic effects!

Were your hands covered in ink when you were done?

7 Likes

Mostly, but the white out compensated. :crazy_face:

Thank you for the kind words. :heart:

5 Likes

Here’s Zatanna! My initial thought was to do something shadowy and spooky, but then I changed my mind to silly and fun (I always seem to end up there).

10 Likes

You win. This is silly and fun! I love it! :metal::metal:

6 Likes