DC Fan Art Club: April 2024 - Kilowog, Huntress, Height and Weight

Hi @DCFanArtClub! Hey, it’s April already! Spring has sprung (or is just about to) and it’s time to turn our attention to a new set of topics.

This month we have two characters which I don’t think we have ever featured before plus a technical art challenge.

Let’s jump in!

Kilowog poozers

A long time member of the Green Lantern Corps, Kilowog has served as the trainer/drill instructor of new green lanterns. He also has a tendency to call everyone a Poozer!

He’s big and can be quite scary, but also softened up a lot in the animated version.
Kilowog animated

So if you’re in the mood to draw big and scary or cute and cuddly, you have some options here.

The complete opposite of big and scary is the Huntress!

She’s always been Helena, but pre-crisis she was Helena Wayne, the daughter of Batman and Catwoman of Earth-2 and now she is Helena Bertinelli. Same look, similar costume, but totally different backstory. Choose your favorite version and make sure to include some purple!

By the way, @Huntress_Helena, care to share some of your favorite Huntress memories?

For our technical challenge, I’d like to see if we can focus on the different heights and sizes between characters. In a lot of art, people always end up about the same height and size, but they shouldn’t be.

In Who’s Who, Darkseid is listed as 7’6" and 515 lbs and Superman is 6’2" and 225lbs. Darkseid is over a foot taller, but isn’t always portrayed that way.

Wonder Woman is an amazon and should be taller with broader shoulders than Catwoman.

And y’know who’s a good character to compare people against? None other than Kilowog!
As I mentioned, he’s big!

So pick a setting (police lineups are fun) and draw any two or more characters to show how people come in all different sizes.

Post your thoughts and work in the thread below and thanks for being a part of the art club here at DC Universe Infinite!

Due Date: April 30, 2024

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

13 Likes

Interesting with the height. Think I got some ideas. And awesome™:+1: with Kilowog and Huntress Too

8 Likes

draw The Atom with a dollar bill for scale

6 Likes

good one

5 Likes

Decided to combine the height and Kilowog one. Liked the idea of a prison mugshot thing for so had fun with that. Tried some different with shading here and liked it. Also like how the lines came out with this too.

No word version

13 Likes

This is really cool! Great emotion on the faces and the heights are just right!

6 Likes

Definitely some of my favorite faces I’ve drawn.

5 Likes

Great work, love the expressions on their faces, really sells the gag of the piece. :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m trying to incorporate different perspectives whenever I can and Kilowog seemed like a good candidate for a bird’s eye view. I like the angle I pulled off here.

Edit: Fixed the white under the lantern symbol (ya Poozer!)

12 Likes

Great work! Agree the expressions are done really well. I also think you nailed the size difference between them. :metal::metal:

5 Likes

Excellent perspective work!! I also loved the sheer mass of him! :metal::metal:

5 Likes

Thanks Rob!

5 Likes

Dang, this is so legit!

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:
Really great with the perspective here.

3 Likes

I haven’t play Minecraft for a while, gotta admit I’ve always wanted to make Kilowog out of Minecraft. :slightly_smiling_face:
Maybe I should give it a try.

4 Likes

this layout is a slog

i always figure out how to make the layout the hardest part. there’s not even that much information in it.

1 Like

kilowogs wrist should be 5" and he should have Popeye arms. but no two designs seem to be the same.

7 Likes