DC Fan Art Club: April 2023 Spotlight - Gen 13, Flash Family and Hitman

For the final part of the challenge, I drew Jesse Quick from the Mark Waid era of the Flash. I loved the expansion of the Flash family and she became one of my favorites both in terms of character (being legacy character as well) and design.

Wouldn’t you know it? I started drawing and was almost done when I realized I drew her on the other side of a page I had drawn one of the celebrities I planned to meet at Terrificon this summer. Ah well, too late now. I’m sure the actor won’t mind.

8 Likes

Looks great, but I really thought you were going to go with Impulse or Max Mercury!! :grin:

4 Likes

Happy birthday @JKoco17!!!

3 Likes

I knew people would think I’d go with one of my two namesakes, so I thought I’d go with something different to surprise. I did look at Max references to start before deciding on Jesse. I even thought of revisiting the non-binary Flash. So many choices…

4 Likes

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1: Hitman. The rain is looks great. Really nice splash effects. Nice posing too.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Awesome™:+1: Jesse Quick. Great posing. Your shading always great too.

4 Likes

For the flash I went with Jesse Chambers of Earth 11. Always liked their Future State look and wanted to do that. Was doing a water run scene and decided to through in they’re girlfriend and fellow leaguer Andy Curry with them. They’re off on a mission overseas.

Really like how this came out. Had a lot of fun doing this one.

11 Likes

I’ve never seen that outfit before! That looks amazing!!!

And the lightning is better than some of the lightning I’ve seen in comics btw!!

Definitely a 10/10!

Awesome™

3 Likes

This looks great! I love the way you did the lightning!

3 Likes

Definitely one of my favorite parts. Funny thing almost forgot about it complete. Finished the whole thing ready to post but stared at it for bit before I realized I forgot the speed trail and lighting :laughing::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

The outfit can be found in the justice league Future State books if I remember right.

1 Like

Astonishing!

2 Likes

2 Likes

For Hitman I wanted to work on some human head kind of concept stuff. Doing this found out his eyes are blacked out behind the shades so decided to do shades and not shades. Had fun with this one.

6 Likes

Oh my god I love this!

1 Like

Thanks​:+1:

1 Like

Great facial expression and I love the hair! Excellent job!

2 Likes

2 Likes

@NYJt3 - Great work on Jesse Chambers. Really amazing water and lightning effects!

Your Hitman has a creepy and angry look. I’m sure Tommy would love that head of hair! Also really nice work on the shading.

3 Likes

Since today is Earth Day, for my Flash family piece I set Impulse loose in the forest most likely up to no good.

The Mark Waid/Humberto Ramos series is really full of fun comics. It is amazing to see Humberto’s work in issue 1 compared to just a year later as he developed his signature style.

I probably should have made the feet bigger :slight_smile:

9 Likes