DC Fan Art Club: April 2021 Monthly Art Challenge

Thanks for putting this together @JKoco17 !!!

5 Likes

Hilariously adorable. Got to find a good miffed expression like annoyed but endeared? If that makes sense. Lol

Thanks for putting this whole thing together! @JKoco17 It’s going to be spectacular!!
ec0

4 Likes

I totally thought that Superman was holding a cup of coffee in the mockup and felt very one with the DCU for a hot minute.

Welcome, @keath and @Squintyfist ! Looks like our chars might be kind of partnering up in this setup, so looking forward to the side-by-side, Squinty.

6 Likes

Sketched and started inking Wonder Woman last night. Got too sleepy to continue but I’m overall pleased.

5 Likes

Thanks! Keath actually mentioned the rabbit ears and I wanted to try and fit them in there.

Midnighter just happened to be in the right spot :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Are you leaning more Mary Marvel or Darla Dudley?

5 Likes

Inquiring minds want to know!

4 Likes

I’ve got my drawing scanned and cleaned up a bit and have started coloring. It could be a lot better but I’m gonna keep tinkering with it. Should have it done in plenty of time for the deadline.
In Progress version:

8 Likes

Looks great!

5 Likes

Thanks! I got some good advice on how to do the scanning and coloring and that helped, but I still have some tweaking to do. And I think I typically draw heads too big.

4 Likes

Awesome™:+1:. Amazing shading

4 Likes

She looks awesome! And I second nyjt that shading is on point as well as your coloring!

4 Likes

You’re doing Darla/Mary, right @CynicalPink ? In the layout Ralph isn’t right up on you and Starfire/@Squintyfist@JKoco17 has me stretching him between Bobo (@TheRealDetectiveChimp) and Midnighter/Ragdoll (@stefanie.m), but I can adjust if you have an idea in involving him with the ladies. (And it doesn’t upset the overall layout, of course.)

5 Likes

Missed it? Oh well. I am cheering 4 everyone!

3 Likes

I was leaning toward Darla, but I think Mary might look better if back to back with Starfire (don’t want a purple overload). What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Any chance you’d be interested in drawing a flyer? Looks like we can still fit you in, if JK is okay with it!

3 Likes

It’s okay! I like how JK has things mocked up right now . But thanks for checking in!

4 Likes

Purple overload? Is there such a thing? :smile:

Prince didn’t think so…

4 Likes

Like a sign for marketing or an aero-mobile individual? I’m thinking the latter?

3 Likes

I can do Queen Moonbeam

3 Likes