DC Fan Art Club: April 2021 Monthly Art Challenge

Lol sorry!

6 Likes

I saw that edit. It was there and then it was gone.

No prob, I’ll add you and Lobo back.

6 Likes

Ragdoll Midnighter? Both or some kind of cool amalgam?

6 Likes

That would be a smidge horrifying lol. I’d like to do both but if not enough room I’ll stick with ragdoll sorry midnighter. Oh or ragdoll wrapped around midnighter? Is that acceptable?

7 Likes

He’s the only Firestorm I know. :grin: I was going through some old comics and got to my Firestorm collection from the 80’s and got the itch to draw him soon. Haven’t drawn him in quite some time(maybe since high school). I forgot how much I loved those old comics and his character.

6 Likes

Aww man, Midnighter is so cool and fun to draw too. I hope you get to draw him!

5 Likes

Ragdoll wrapped around Midnighter? Ok, that I’d like to see :smile:

7 Likes

Firestorm was the first character I didn’t know (like Batman or Superman) that brought me into DC. His head was on fire and young me thought it was the coolest thing. I think I saw him in an issue of JLA and started seeking him out.

7 Likes

I remember that scene.
“You Kicked My Cat” :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Oh…

6 Likes

Wow, 11 characters in, this is getting challenging (and fun).

Here’s a really, really, really (can’t stress that enough) layout idea for the first 11.

3 & 4 - Atrocitus and Dex Starr going nose to nose with Lobo.
5 - Superman floating above them trying to mediate.
1 - Mary or Darla looking at the brewing fight with an innocent, sort of gasp look on her face.
In the background, 2 (Enchantress) facing off with 11 (Dr Fate)
6 - Hawkman coming in for a landing between both groups
8 - Ragdoll wrapped around Midnighter
7 - Delirium stolling between everyone, but giving Ragdoll/Midnighter a curious look and a smile
9 - Detective Chimp giving Ragdoll/Midnighter a closer look with his magnifying glass
10 - Batman behind Detective Chimp looking across everyone with that serious look that he always has.

We can probably fit a flying Firestorm across the top as well.

What do you think? Certainly open to suggestions. (I don’t know how George Perez does this).

Character selections not yet closed either! We’ll fit in as many people who can participate.

@ImpulseMaxMercury - I know there is room for Beebo in here.

11 Likes

Mine will probably be the worst…,so if you want to hide me more that would be fine

4 Likes

Thank you!!! I’ll need all the luck I can get! I’m happy that you’re in great hands, though!

5 Likes

Every time you talk down on yourself we’re increasing the size of your Batman by a quarter inch

8 Likes

Agreed!

6 Likes

@JKoco17 is there any chance I could have a bit more time to think of my character?

5 Likes

Of course! We are taking the whole week to decide on characters. Try to have your choice in by Friday night, April 9.

6 Likes

Hey @JKoco17 heads up i switched to Firestorm from Hawkman. I did this to help save room for others in the layout(that wing span) and that I think I prefer to draw Firestorm more at this point. If this is an issue I can switch back, but since we haven’t solidified anything quite yet, I thought I would make the switch.

6 Likes

OK, sure, no problem.

5 Likes

Hey, I bet it’s going to be great!

5 Likes